Memorial

by roadrunner4speed 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    If you don't believe any writers were inspired.. What do you hang your beliefs on?

If my dad was a Muslim..........what would I hang my beliefs on?

If my dad was a Mormon..........what would I hang my beliefs on?

If my dad was a Moonie..........what would I hang my beliefs on?

If my dad was a Hindu..........what would I hang my beliefs on?

Other people's father's claim that the writers of all of these faith's books are inspired.

My father claims that only his holy book is inspired, especially the translation done by his gurus and, even then, he will alter the grammar while he reads it if it doesn't fit his idea of 'inspiration'.

I don't believe in the Rainbow Serpent because my ancestors were not Australian Aborigines.

Is that a good reason for that disbelief?

Rock drawings of the Rainbow Serpent predate Bible Adam by several thousand years. Archaeologists who spend their lives digging up history claim that Australian Aborigines were firestick farming 39,000 years before Bible Adam was planted in the Garden of eden ...... and that they survived the flood myth of some ancient tribes of goat herders that are not my ancestors. In NZ our national emblem is the kiwi.... cheekily known as the fat arsed duck to our Aussy neigbors. It can't fly and it can't swim. Am I supposed to accept that it survived a global flood because some twits in Brooklyn, or the Middle East say so?

Why should I base my beliefs on the teachings of a cult that incorporated cannibalistic rituals from earlier religions? Eating the flesh and drinking the blood of dead Gods and heroes predates Christianity and even survived into relatively recent times in places like New Guinea.

What do you suggest I hang my 'beliefs' on?

I would join the Catholics before I went back to JWism, but only as social club, and only if they didn't insist on me pretending to believe every doctrine, and abide by every rule, without any forms of psychological warfare.

Cheers

Chris

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Another interesting note:

I looked up Luke 22:15-20 on Biblegateway.com and every english bible there says "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." only the NWT says keep doing this" Even this does not seem to be fitting a repeating patteren, the context sounds like it was only supposed to be done once.

Is this more of writing the bible to fit a doctrine?

-MM

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Once again you haven't stated any thing. You haven't given me any thing.

I've worked every thing out, To my satifaction. Are you just here to annoy or do you have a purpose?

I welcomed the guy to the forum and wished him well in working things out. He asks what I mean and I tell him. My reward is being asked if I am here just to annoy. Welcome to the forum anyway. I hope your library has HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE. Don't worry about me. I promise not to bother "annoying" you in any threads.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome roadrunner4speed!

Can I suggest a nice new avatar?

Blessings,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since when can anyone accurately write something to this detail some 40 years after it happened? And, Paul claims to have information about how Jesus wanted this event commemorated.

Now, how qualified is Paul to tell us how Jesus wanted his Memorial observed? He wasn't even there when Jesus issued those instructions.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed

Sorry took so long in answering I didn't know about the ten post rule. Judas Iscariot was dismissed, when I said 12 Jesus was part of the 12. Over 460 people have read my post most have not posted and I wish readers would. I'd like to hear their opinions on the subject. My next Topic will be 1914. Should be very interesting to read my theories why 1914 is not the year and what my theories of the correct year are. I have many other topics to post in the coming days. Some will blow your minds. I will no longer respond to off topic post or respond to welcomes gotta save those 10 posts a day. Mind you I've read the Bible without preconcied notion of what it says.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed

maninthemiddleRe: Memorial posted ~ 21 hours ago (3/4/2010)

Post 80 of 80
    Since 10/5/2009

I looked up Luke 22:15-20 on Biblegateway.com and every english bible there says "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." only the NWT says keep doing this" Even this does not seem to be fitting a repeating patteren, the context sounds like it was only supposed to be done once.

-MM

Ah someone who gets the point.. Jesus had a covernet ONLY with his apostales.. We'e been brain washed under "the scciety says"rule. Welcome to the real world.. I'll have a topic in this messgae in the future, We know have had over 500 pepope who have read my toplc and not respomd. This is a very important topic. We've been sold a bill of godds which simply are not true. Wake up people!!

• fokyc
    fokyc

You really come on strong in your opinions!

I would like to know IF the present day Jehovah's Witnesses are interested in 'The Memorial'?

I think not; there are 25 days to go to this years' celebration and so far in my area,

not one single invitation has been given out; as nobody has them yet.

Although we know it is on 30th March after sundown, the time has still not been decided!

IF it was that important these details would have been sorted out months ago.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed
    cantleaveRe: 1914 Is NOT the year posted ~ an hour ago (3/5/2010)

Post 2456 of 2456
    Since 6/25/2009

You still seem wedded to the general JW belief system, that Jesus took up up an invisible ruler-ship in heaven, which doesn't reflect general Christian beliefs. If you have got these interpretations from an independent study of the bible, are you sure that you at least have removed the WTS coloured spectacles.'

I posted my reply and can't find it. I' NOT wedded to any religioin. I removed the WTS colored spectades years ago and am now a religion of one. There are going to be maby topics I post on. There's only a few things I agree with with the societ.. I don't get were you think I you would think I have JWS coloured glasses. I came to my conclussion years ago PRIOR be becoming A JW. Because I came to those conclusion Years ago that I was suched into becoming a JW. That made me a sucker. I'm insulted by your comment.. I nmean what I say, and I say what I mean. If you're going to say things like you did again. I will not reply

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed
    maninthemiddleRe: Memorial posted a day ago (3/4/2010)

Post 80 of 81
    Since 10/5/2009

My theory is yes. I've posted my theories in two folder. One here the other dealing with 1914. My next posting will deal with Babylon The Great. In that everyone can find out why I'm posting here. The post thereafther should be a like fun for all. When I do post I try and use scripture to back up my theories. Some nut case clains what I'm doing is trying to get people to believe what I do. That's not my intentions. If anyone is getting that impression... They need some serious help as I want no one to believe what I do, it's just my opinions. I don't brainwash anyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit