Who of you in this forum have been df'ed?

by YoYoMama 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• seven006
    seven006

Outlaw,

I'm going to be serious right now and I hate doing that. But if you really want to know why I am the way I am I will tell you.

I have been through so much crap in my life I had to sit down and take a good look at myself to see if I was bringing a lot of it on myself. In doing that I try to see myself as others might. It is all in ones perspective. If I only looked at things through my eyes I would limit my ability to understand both sides of any issue I am presented with. If I continued to only try and see things from my perspective I would become stagnate and never grow or learn as a person.

Several years ago I heard a speaker who was addressing a MENSA conference. That is a little club of people with big brains and bigger egos. The speaker was a lady (I don't recall her name) who was considered at the time to have the highest IQ in the world. She was asked what she contributed her extreamly high intelligence to and she answered it in very simple way. She said " I keep an open mind on everything". That thought has always stuck with me.

I constantly try to put myself in others shoes and gain an insight about where they are coming from. I do not look at a line as only being straight but also curved and wiggly. When someone says draw a line 99% of the people will draw a straight line. Thats what we are programed to do and the way we are programed to think. I try and adjust my perspective to have a glimpse of where others may be coming from so I can more accurately compare it to my own perspective. I do not have an ego so big that I will not allow myself to make a mistake and then try to deny the mistake. A line is not always straight and things are not always as we think we seem them. That includes how we see ourselves.

Everyone makes mistakes but only those who can realize that, accept it and learn from it can continue to grow. Once you have closed your mind to alternative thinking than your own, you will stop growing and learning. I do not fully accept all ways of thinking and make them my own but rather I try to understand why that alternative thinking exist. Once you understand where someone is coming from you can better have an interactive dialog with them. You do not have to accept their way of thinking but you can understand why they think that way and respect them for it.

Every concept and particular way of thinking has a reason behind it. Whether it is from a dug addict, hooker, cop, priest, monk, truck driver, school teacher, politician or little child. They all have their perspective on life. If you can take just a little time trying to understand their perspective as opposed to just their expressed way of thinking you can deal with any given situation. I don't like rednecks, bigots, evangelist, cheaters, liars, drunks etc. But, if I know why they have those thoughts and feelings on their life I might be able to help them gain a little different perspective or at lest understand why they are the way they are. It's all in how much someone wants to learn and do whats right in their life in relation to how it effects other people.

I do not let any religious, political, racial, national, or ethnic philosophy influence my particular perspective. To let that happen I would have to allow someone else's perspective to become mine.
    As long as I can keep an open mind and use it with complete and total freedom of thought I can make some pretty decent decisions in my life. I still have a lot to learn. I will still make mistakes. As long as I realize that and accept that I will continue to grow and understand others.

It is hard for a person to do battle with you if you tell them you understand where they are coming from. It is hard for a person to tell you off if you tell your self off first. Add a little humor and human compassion and you no longer have a foe. The disagreement or issue in conflict is better understood if you can admit the possibility of being wrong whether you fell you are or not. It's looking at the big picture and taking the other person out of the defensive mode. Do you gain more respect by telling someone to fuck off or by saying you are sorry if you upset them. People who are upset with you expect you to react to them in like manner. When you don't, it throws them off. Who cares who wins what or who can call the other person the more offensive name? Sometimes it just feels good to chew someone out, but what does it really accomplish? Nothing. Sitting back and saying "I could be wrong so lets talk about it" does much more.

It's respect, perspective, big picture and keeping an open mind. If that all fails, then I smoke crack.

I hope this give you a little idea of who I am and how I think.

Next week we will discuss the male ego and how to use sympathy, onion juice in your eyes and a cute little puppy to get laid.

Take care,

Dave

• Bang
    Bang

YoYo,

I've never been F'd.
    I never will be F'd, so I suppose I can't be D-F'd.
    If I can't be D-F'd, what do your rules say about speaking to me ?

Bang

I heard tales that an imaginary beast spoke to a people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Dave,thank-you for the reply,I found it insightful and interesting.I`m glad I asked you.There are some good life pointers in what you say.Your still cracken me up(no pun indended LOL)with that crack thing..LOL...OUTLAW

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yo YO mudda,

What's it to you my status with the Crooklyn Codgers?

caveman

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Hey YoYo, how can you say the UN thing is not a big deal. If you or I were signed up with the UN to get a library card we would have been df'd. I guess it's no big deal when people went to jail rather than do alternative service during the past wars because if they did they would have been df'd, but now they can do alternative service and be in good standing. How do you think the poor sucker feels that went to jail and was beat up or raped!!!. Not a big deal. Do you suppose they reinstate the people that got df'd for doing alt service or anything else they change their mind on. Do they go back and see who was df'd for something that is now OK because of NEW LIGHT!!

The WT is full of it with their response to the UN thing the rules never changed and they never needed to sign on to have access to the library card. Do the research. Unfortunately it's true. Just remember who the Father of the Lie is.....it's not Jehovah!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    607BC - That's an easy one. It's basically Bible vs. Babylonian Historians. I pick Bible.

Just curious. My Bible never stated this date. Does yours?

• butalbee
    butalbee

You know I was thinking about converting...was very close to taking that plunge...but after reading all the crap here in this post I've decided to run like hell and never turn back...

PS I'm telling the elders on you for posting on this evil website, they won't be too happy.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

YoYo; "The UN thing is no-ssue."

No issue?

FACT: A part of the organsiational machinary of the Jehovah's Witnesses was registered as a United Nations NGO for almost ten years.

FACT: By doing so they agreed with the aims of the United Nations.

FACT: Before and during this period the Jehovah's Witnesses publications continued to identify the United Nations as the Scarlet coloured Wild Beast, an organisation standing in opposition to Jehovah's Kingdom.

FACT: Before and during this period a JW registering with a political or religious organisation for some fringe benefit would be disafellowshipped. Examples of this include, but are not restricted to, purchase of political party cards in Malawi (so they could work and shop), and joining the YMCA (to use a swimming pool).

FACT: The only justifcation given for this association was that it allowed the use of the UN library.

CONCLUSION: A double standard was operating, with the Organsiation itself taking part in an activity an individual would be disfellowshipped for. The arguement that the application to join was made when the criteria for associaton with the UN as an NGO were different, or that these criteria were not known is not a valid justification. Buying a political party card in Malawi or joining the YMCA did not include any agreement to agree with the aims of either the political party or the YMCA. The purchase of a political party card in Malawi was chiefly a money-raising scam, and the YMCA let anyone join regardless of whether they agree with the YMCA's aims.

YoYo; "By Evolution, do you mean the theory of evolution? What does theory mean?"

THEORY (noun)
    1 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
    2 : abstract thought : SPECULATION
    3 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>
    4 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances -- often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>
    5 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <wave theory of light>
    6 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : CONJECTURE c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>
    I would draw your attention to definitions 3 and 5, which are most apt when using the phrase 'theory of evolution'. I should point out all you have is a theory, a theory of god, so let's not get silly with semantics.

FACT: We have the fossil record.

FACT: This is not complete; if you consider most carcassess of dead animals (for example) on the African plains disappear within a day (often within half an hour), bones and all, and that very few animals remains are fossilised today, it is actually surprising we have what we have.

FACT: What the fossil record shows is both a gradual change of species and change from one species to another. Not only are species transitions observed in the record, but transitions between entire phylums, like reptiles and amphipbians. The old creationist defence "there are no transitional fossils' is a lie, or a distortion of old quotations.

FACT: We do not know the exact mechanisms for change, but there are a variety of theories as to the mechanisms for change, and it is generally accepted that it is a combination of these mechanisms that results in change.

CONCLUSION: what we have evidence of shows that the creation account in Genesis is not an accurate representation of the development of life on Earth. The implication (that the Bible is not infallable and is just another man-made book) is far reaching, as no 'holy book' gives an accurate account of the development of life on this planet, so it is not just a case of the Bible being wrong, all claimed holy books are wrong, at least in this regard.

YoYo; "607BC - That's an easy one. It's basically Bible vs. Babylonian Historians. I pick Bible."

I'm no Bible chronologist. I suggest you look at 'The Gentile Times Reconsidered' or 'Crisis of Conscience' for details of the errors in the 607 date. 'Crisis' also shows many problems with the organsiation of the Jehovah's Witnesses; for example, that the problems with 607BC are well known, but the date is considered unreviasable due to the central place it holds in JW chronolgy, and worries of the knock-on effects of revising it. When 'the truth' is allowed to go unknown because it is inconvenient to the framers of policy, any claims as to being 'The Truth' are lost.

Over to you YoYo, I look forward to your attempt to refute the reasoning or facts regarding the association as an NGO, your attempts to prove the Bible provides an accurate creation account, and your defence of the lack of organsiational integrity shown by the 607BC issue.

Remember, truth does not need to hide or stop it's ears for feat of untruth. The Boreans investigated thoroughly when confronted with new teachings. Do not run away from addressing these questions. You won't fool me, and more importantly, you won't fool you.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Yo Yo,

I am not Df'd. I am not even Df'd. Heck, I am not and never was a JW. Therefore, because I am not a JW, I am considered as an "apostate"? a "bad association"? or someone "to be shunned"?

If I am not a JW, does that mean "I am evil"?

How do you know that if you don't even know me in person? How do you know if I am a bad person? Because of my postings? or Because I am questioning you or the doctrines?

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• MissSC
    MissSC

YOYO

You state you are "sort of a psychiatrist" well to be frank, I doubt that unless being around the JW has done enough damage to you that you have spent excessive amounts of time with a psychiatrist. To be a JW in good standing, it is not possible for you to have enough education to be a psychiatrist or even enough education to understand what psychiatry is truly about. The studying of JW materials does not count. Sorry.

If coming to this web site builds up your faith then I feel sorry for you. You should build up your faith by reading your bible and studying history. If you cannot build up your faith in those manners then you are in sad shape. Faith can be supported by facts. Unfortunately, if you were to truly investigate the facts you would find out the facts do not support the JW. Building your faith by visiting this website and trying to instigate people by not answering valid questions asked of you shows that ego and being better than everyone is what builds your faith. Ego and being better than everyone else is not biblical. Love is.

So, as far as I am concerned you can avoid me like the plague. The JW are false prophets who are conning people into joining them. I bet you the numbers of JW supplied by the "headquarters" are fixed in one manner or another, because all "headquarters" is interested in is MONEY. The label placed on my by the JW does not matter to me and is not something I share. I walked away with no regrets.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior
    without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit