Who of you in this forum have been df'ed?

by YoYoMama 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Amen to what MissSC said.

That was well said, MissSC.

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

YoYo; looking forward to your reply...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• butalbee
    butalbee

Yo-Yo

I think you are a fraud...I think your pretending to be something that you are not.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

I've stayed away from this thread because I think the idea behind it is rude in the concept, particularily coming from an espoused JW. We are who we are - our words prove us for the most part.

However, I read Dave's post to Outlaw......hard to not appreciate Dave.

I am a jw woman who has been in the org. for 32 years now - every one of them in *good standing* and active in field service & meetings - until 2 years ago. Now I am inactive in FS and meetings, but still in good standing.

My husband has the same outline as mine, except for 57 years. He was born into the org. - inactive, but in good standing.

He & I would absolutely NEVER go back! We've both started taking college courses this year at night (sigh, we have to work) - and are looking forward to actually learning when we sit and listen to a speaker! Now that may not happen......but at least if not, we can walk away free people and not pronounced as "God damned apostates."

Btw, I'm not cursing.....that is what Jehovah's Witnesses think about those who don't believe like they do....."God" has "damned" those "apostates" to be killed by Him and never resurrected. I know, my husband's mother cries to him all the time about his "damned" condition.....unless he comes back to the meetings.

If attending meetings (according to her), then his chances of being killed by God at Armageddon are brought waaaay down. But one never knows for sure which 99.99% of earth people God will kill, with no hope of resurrection to Paradise. Best to hedge one's bets against such righteous anger.

waiting

• Carmel
    Carmel

you're a Goddammed Old Apostate in my book!

candy man

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not d/f yet, but I am working on it ..

YOU soon will be when they catch you posting on this board.!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

YoYo; still waiting for your response... is there some problem?

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• TIMBO
    TIMBO

Waiting:
    I enjoyed your post. I was raised in the "truth." I'll be 42 this year. I was df'd in 2000 and reinstated last year. The only reason was because my wife was giving me hell and was threatening to leave and take the kids. I couldn't let that happen. She gives me hell about not taking the lead now...but I just keep floating through the motions. I wish to god she would open her eyes. I almost got her with the U.N.thing...but she eventually just forgot about it..so I'm going to make sure she watches the DATELINE show.
    At any rate, I just wanted to congratulations on going back to school and I enjoyed your post.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Wow Dave what a post that was inspirational.

YoYo If you think it's o.k. to have your own ideas and find out this info for yourself, perhaps beleiving you are strong enough to handle it then that is foolishly prideful and the bible tells us that "Pride is before a fall". I am not condemning you I wish you the best, I hope you find what you are looking for, the JW religion is a mind F*** and I am not surprised that you are doing these ironic things.

I guess something we can all benefit from is asking ourselves (throughout the day everyday) what our motives are behind the things we do. The way we treat our neigbor, the books we read, the job we go to, the threads we post, if we can keep our motives pure and honest it will be a better world right now, For everyone we come in contact with. And we will have peace of mind without having to pry into others personal lives.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    YOYO
    You state you are "sort of a psychiatrist"

Is that like being a prophet "in a sense"?

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit