JW C@fe: "F*CK 'EM!"

by sacolton 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

As far as them kicking people off as soon as they sign up, is this one of the groups that requires its members to mention being a JW on their personal FB page? If so, they can just check that easily and if it isn't there, boot you.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Like a Private Club, Mad?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yes, exactly. I don't know if the Cafe is one of those groups because I haven't visited, but I have heard of some Dub FB groups that have required its members to have a mention of Jehovah on their personal FB page as a requisite for membership.

• chickpea
    chickpea

some Dub FB groups that have required its members to have a mention of Jehovah on their personal FB page

i dont suppose "jehovah's witnesses are in a cult" counts?

• whythedarkness
    whythedarkness

This thread is so funny. I went to the Facebook group and cringed at the obviously indoctrinated way in which they spoke. Not even I spoke like that. Wasn't there a time when the Governing Body told us to concentrate less on the end and focus on our service to Jehovah? I guess that's out of the window now. And that crap about how this year's District Convention is going to be the last of this system? I couldn't help but laugh.

I'm new here, by the way. Hi! *waves*

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, whythedarkness!

Every time my Dad says "They're saying the end is really close now" I tell him "That's what JWs have been saying for over 130 years. What's the definition of 'close'?"

Always the silence.

• whythedarkness
    whythedarkness

Thank you Heaven.

And that's just pure class. Strange how the FDS doesn't mention all the false prophecies that were made. Where is the apology to the many people disappointed by these mistakes?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Feel free to post this...with link:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19960722/article_01.htm

THROUGHOUT history men have fought for freedom of speech. Laws have been passed, wars have been fought, and lives have been lost over the right to express an idea publicly.

Why should such a seemingly natural right have fomented controversy, even to the point of bloodshed? Why have societies, both past and present, found it necessary to restrict or even to prohibit the exercise of this right?

Attitudes toward freedom of speech for the people have swung like a huge pendulum on the clock of time. Sometimes freedom of speech has been viewed as a privilege to be enjoyed. At other times it has been considered a problem to be dealt with by governments or religions....

Too often the idea is, "Free speech for me—but not for thee."

• Simon
    Simon

I think we have had enough of this aggressive and intrusive criticism of others now.

It's good to point out and highlight the organizational failures but I think picking on individuals isn't fair or right.

We're not here to provide an organized way for people to go and disrupt others - I don't like it when people do it to us!

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

By the way, I think it's a little unfair to mock jws for their poor spelling, as a lot of jws have had little more than high school education, and many were pulled out of school early by their parents.

I see plenty of ex-jw posters on this site who can't spell properly either, in fact that's often a good indication someone has had a jw upbringing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit