Does Anyone Miss Being In The Jehovah's Witness Cult?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• cry
    cry

No matter how bad things in my life are right now - I always thing - THANK GOD I AM OUT OF THAT CULT!!!!! - Makes me smile everytime.

• jam
    jam

I miss as a elder dealing with marriage problems among the friends, neglecting my kids (4).I miss working

nites, in order too serve the cong. A typical day when I was serveing as a elder. Go to work 11pm-7am

Come home and cook breakfast for kids and get them ready for school. Get ready for field service.Get home around 1pm.Sleep 1-4pm

Since I was the service overseer, bookstudy conductor, secretary, school overseer, watchtower conductor,

Talks on sundays when I wasn,t conducting the watchtower, once a month talk giving in another cong.

So I needed time to study from 5pm until meeting time. Come home after the meetings and get ready for

work and start over again. There was only three elders in our cong.My kids ages 14,12,7.and 2... A great time ,I

was much yonger at that time around 35, but it still took a toll on my body, anxiety problems..

• minimus
    minimus

Rhetorical questions are just hard to figure out for some.

• crapola
    crapola

About as much as I'd miss a bad tooth ache!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh hell no!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

It's a bit like asking "Is the Pope Catholic?"

Hopscotch

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I miss the certainty I had being in the cult. I was certain that I would live forever. I was certain there was a God. I was certain that my parent's love was unconditional. Now I only have an endless list of epistemological and cosmological questions that often make me anxious and depressed.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Now I only have an endless list of epistemological and cosmological questions that often make me anxious and depressed.

I can so relate to that. For me, I had more certainty about those things before I was exposed to the cult thinking. Now I sometimes find myself to be twisted and confused.

• kashkrunched
    kashkrunched

Kinda 'yes' and kinda 'no'.

I had a lot of fun working at Bethel (1980-84); had a lot of friends and great times working/living there. I still reminisce looking at the old photos collected through those years.

Pioneering was also enjoyable. Trying to understand the householder's thinking, overcoming objections was a small, personal triumph. The Theocratic School was also helpful in sharpening my teaching, reading and verbal skills (I'm a music teacher).

However, becoming an elder emphasized to me that this was just another 'business'. The judicial meetings were especially a drag. I don't miss being an overseer.

Now, without the Wt 'structure', with more freedom, I have to be more self-disciplined to get things done. However, I don't miss the WT enough to ever want to go back.

• moshe
    moshe

I miss those long drives in the country on Saturday morning field service. Why, you could kill three hours trying to find Outlaw's house so you could deliver that end of the world tract to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit