Does Anyone Miss Being In The Jehovah's Witness Cult?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, let's see..... I miss being treated as a 'second-class' person - not EVEN a citizen - because I'm female... I miss being hazed/harried/harassed constantly to go out in service, go out in service, go out in service, go out in service, ad naseum, 'cause otherwise I'll end up dead along with the 'worldlies' that won't listen.... Come to think of it, I miss being held 'hostage' by a 'gawd' who's going to "Kill Everyone At Armageddon" if they don't mindlessly obey... I miss having my freedoms stripped away - the freedom to get a higher education - the freedom to celebrate holidays - the freedom to associate with my (very nice!) Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, and Heathen/Pagan/Wiccan neighbors, co-workers, and friends... I miss being limited to worshipping ONE (several rolled into one...) Bronze Age, Middle Eastern male volcano god - er, that is, the THREE+ 'gawds' that ACTUALLY are the 'gawd(s)' of the bible, that were worshipped by muddled, ignorant, superstitious, backward Middle Eastern sheepherders ... I miss being UNABLE to RESEARCH anything that I have a question about... I miss that feeling of embarrassment whenever I saw the WTBTS make yet another idiotic statement about the 'scientific accuracy' of the bible... Or that 'Noah's Flood' actually occurred, or that nothing ate meat before Adam and Eve were expelled from the "Garden of Eden"... I miss being restricted and 'talked down to' like a child, being TOLD what clothes I can wear, what jewelry I can wear, what I can wear on my LEGS - no pants???, how I can wear my hair (no bright colors, no glitter, no fun!! ), what sort of artwork I can have in my house (nothing PAGAN!!!), how I 'should' spend my vacations (assemblies, vacation pioneering).....

Gee... I just miss all of that stuff SO MUCH... ......NOT!!!!!!

Zid

• sacolton
    sacolton

I really (snicker) miss the (snicker) loving worldwide (snicker) brotherhood. LMAO!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Yes - I miss some aspects of being a Witness. Like many here, I spent the majority of my life being totally absorbed in this religion. WHat it gave in return was a large circle of like mined friends. And, it is true that you can travel almost anywhere in the world (I know from personal experience having) and immediately find new friends who share the same values as yourself.

So for me me it is not a quesion of what I am missing, but rather one of are the gains in terms of freedom and self respect great than the loss?

• minimus
    minimus

The Finger, I love your name!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Being a born in and spending countless days at kingdom halls listening to contrived lies and bullshit during all those years,

not to mention the uncomfortable hours spent in the door to door service , my answer to that is absolutely not.

There is an obvious anxiousness and emotional stress that gets entwined into the personality and character of being a JWS.,

something I'm sure is still there today.

Some 30 years ago a my inner instincts were that the WTS. had put a big one on to the public.

They were after all in essence a coercive corrupt religious publishing company/corporation and thats all what they will ever be.

Dangerous and damaging religious charlatans developed by virtue of the freedom of religion in a capitalist country.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course..

I sit up day and night worrying about it..

How come everyone gets to be in a Cult except me?

....................... ...OUTLAW

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Running out of questions Minimus?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I miss the Cult as much I miss great cars like this from the 70's..........................

File:Austin Allegro Estate UK.JPG

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

HELL NO!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Listen... There are a few JWs that have decided to "return" to Jehovah because either they're afraid of dying, they don't want to lose their families, etc. Supposedly there's been some growth. Got to be for a reason!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit