Does Anyone Miss Being In The Jehovah's Witness Cult?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I saw 6 JW zombies walking up a hill near where I live the other day. They all were dressed nicely. They walked together in twos. They were about 10 feet from each other, walking in unison. They just had stupid smiles on their faces and robotically did the Pioneer Shuffle. I thought to myself, "Gee, I'm so glad I'm out of that cult".

Do you ever miss it?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Minimus,

If I weren't so fond of you, I'd call you a bad name and yell, "TROLL!"

-LWT

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Oh yes, so very much on a daily basis. LOL

• undercover
    undercover

Ya know...I'm glad that you posted your experience.

I was just thinking how much I missed going in service and to meetings and was thinking maybe I should give it another chance...but your post shook me back to reality.

Thank you, minimus....what would I do without you?

• spawn
    spawn

Thats a hard question to answer!

If it was a choice betweem the Borg and Red Hot Poker up my Arse, I'd go for the Poker because the last thing I want to be is a Robot without a personality.

• goldensky
    goldensky

My religion was my WHOLE life, but the day the veil was ripped, I left without a moment's hesitation and haven't missed one single second of it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Being almost out, I have to say, no. I don't miss it. If I could sleep in instead of going to a meeting or out in field service, if I could avoid irritating road trips to indoctrination sessions, and instead sleep half the Saturday/Sunday, play video games and watch movies until my eyes fall out, I would like to do that. Very, very much.

The feeling of never being good enough because of some failing is not one I will miss. I soon realized just how much emotional pain was being repressed even by the best of them. I'm glad to be free of that. I'm not even fully free yet and I can tell you that it's awesome to know it's not real. Life, knowledge, everything just seems so much more alive than it used to, even despite the fresh scars.

--Christopher

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Does Anyone Miss Being In The Jehovah's Witness Cult?

Ya gotta love those self-answering questions!

That's like asking "do you still miss the time that school bully kicked you in the balls?"

Farkel

• yknot
    yknot

Well I am not out yet but........ when I finally do leave entierly I can confidently say the only things I will 'miss' where stripped away decades ago.

If I get sentimental I will grab some Eisenhower biographies.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I do miss some elements of being a Witness. I was raised as one and spent many hours at the hall. Not everything that is taught is wrong. Some of the people if not most are decent hard working people who want to serve God. I cannot agree with most of the teaching and so I do not attend. I'm tired of discussing scriptural points with elders who will sometimes not even read the Society's publications. But on occasion i can be found in the audience at the Hall listening and thinking on whether the points discussed are valid. On these occasions the Witnesses for the most part are friendly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit