What's your personality type? Myers-Briggs test

by frankiespeakin 190 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

It is striking how many Apostates are Ns. To venture a speculative theory about why that may be the case, I wonder wheterh the ability to tap into one's intuition about something being wrong with life as a Witness and what the WBTS teaches is important in learning TTATT.

• DJS
    DJS

Frazzled,

You may be onto something. My educated guess would be the N combined with the T would be the most likely to exit the Borg. NTs are Rationalists; the Borg, and the bible and religion for that matter, aren't rational. Evidently only 10.3 percent or so of the population are Rationalists. That's not based on any real data though. It would be interesting to get everyone on this site to submitt their MBPTI to Viviane (I just volunteered you Viv) and she can run the numbers and determine whether there is any correlation between personality types and the likelihood to exit the Borg.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

DJS. I think Lisa suggested there INFP's are relatively rare so would the info really show much? Maybe all INFP's leave

• DJS
    DJS

Ucantnome,

Good point. Maybe the "N" is the key! We could probably do a major rearch paper on the subject. Who knows, we might even identify personality types that did not ever need to be associated with the Borg and maybe other high control cults. We could publish the data and lobby the government to require MBPTI tests for everyone wanting to join a religion. Heck, we could write a sci-fi screen play along these lines. Divergent, the recent movie, is based on a similar premise. Divergent personalities coldn't be controlled by the post apolcalyptic government so they tried to exterminate them. I think we are onto something!!!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

thanks

• Londo111
    Londo111

In one of the appendixes to Steven Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control, he references a study where cults mold people toward being ESFJ--my grandfather who came in during the 50's was ESFJ.

• DJS
    DJS

Londo111,

That makes sense. Thanks. Cults don't want you to be Intuitive or Thinking. So NTs will be more likely to exit cults. The "F" (feeling) is exactly what would be predicted, as all religions thrive because of it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe an ESFJ makes the perfect recruiter.

• warehouse
    warehouse

Frazzled/DJS,

I was thinking along your same reasoning. The NT type has the unique ability to completely understand abstraction in its many forms. The NT type also is able to understand abstract ideas so thoroughly, that they can take an idea that is abstract and transform it into a concrete, logical solution.

This is a nightmare for the borg because often times, they will intentionally write/talk in abstract ideas to inspire people, but without any concrete solution or reason. The NT type can take that abstract idea and apply it to people’s lives, or a congregations needs, or deconstruct it entirely, proving it has no merit. The NT type is, like you guys pointed out, the most likely to exit, or make no organizational progress, and they are the most likely to be skeptical of others, especially when emotions are involved, or when postion/power is at stake.

Because of all of this, I’ve often thought that the NT type is really the greatest intellectual threat to the borg. Not only because they can tear their ideas down, but because if enough NT minds came together, they could destroy the entire borg from within.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Organizations can have types as well, it was always my guess that the Borg was an ESFJ or ESTJ. Personality typing was one thing that helped me realize that I wasn't a bad person because I hated the religion, I was just in the wrong organization. It was my guess that people who were were a different type did better as Jehovah's Witnesses. An extroverted type might find the meetings more tolerable than an introvert, even if they found them boring. Sensors might like the regimentation and repetition more than an intuitive. A judger would like the order and defined rules, while perceivers found them stifling.

I always felt like a fish out of water, I didn't fit in and I didn't know why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit