What's your personality type? Myers-Briggs test

by frankiespeakin 190 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

INTP, though the T is only a score of 1.

We're systems thinkers and that certainly rings true for me. Complex systems like mathematics, languages and computer systems. I teach grade school math.

Ive always thought, give me the "big idea" and I'll work out the details. When you only have to have an understanding of the big idea, you don't have to waste brain space on memorizing small details, for example, formulas.

But, I realize that some people don't think like that. They need to know the details first and then put them all together to get the big ideas.

Sometimes it's hard coming up with lessons that reach out to both types of minds.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

INTJ

"Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judgemental"

Actually a bit of a worry, so was Ulysses S. Grant:

- and (those of you in America please correct me if I am wrong) I understand that he was something of a drunk?

Bill

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

INFP

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

'nother INTJ here, and 100% introverted. hooray aspergers!

Bungi Bill - I wouldn't be surprised if us INTJs were more likely to drink a bit. I know it helps me with my extreme social anxiety. Plus, sometimes it's nice to even the playing field

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I understand that he was something of a drunk?"

He may have been a drinker, but he was no Joseph Rutherford.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am an INFP also ucantnome and Londo. I have heard its the rarest of types, only 4%.

OneEyedJoe, I think a lot of INs drink a bit, especially at parties.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I think a lot of INs drink a bit, especially at parties."

As an INTJ, I strategically plan my drinking. I know how much is too much. And once I get to that point, I've already planned on who I'm going to puke all over.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I wish I had my old score too as I know it has changed,

I am now : seems to fit

ENFP E xtravert(56%) i N tuitive(25%) F eeling(38%) P erceiving(11%)

• You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

https://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

So flying high now and lisa rose, londo we are close except I am an extrovert! mindmelda, jwfacts we are both ENFP, the rarer type. :-)

• 88JM
    88JM

INTJ

Introvert(44%) Intuitive(25%) Thinking(1%) Judging(33%)

• Moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
    • Moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    • Marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
    • Moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)
  • DJS
    DJS

A study last year of average household income by MBPTI type in the US suggests that EJs have the highest family incomes, taking 4 of the top 6 spots. ENTJs were the highest income type. The other 2 spots were IJs. To narrow it a bit, 3 of the 4 EJs were also Ts and both of the IJs were also Ts. So extroverted thinkers/judgers (5 of the 6 highest income types) seem to do better in the corporate world. Not really surprising.

The lowest income types were found among the feeler perceivers (FPs) and the feeler judgers (FJs). Feelings, which are obviously necessary, don't appear to correlate well in the busines world, and those who judge seem to fare better than those who perceive. Judging, btw, isn't really about judging others or being 'judgmental' in the MBPTI; it is more about judging a situation or event based on the storehouse of knowledge that you have, weighing a situation, data or events in the balance as it were, rather than jumping to conclusions or reacting based on feelings or perceptions.

Some, but statistically not all, of this clearly has to do with the types of vocations chosen (or drawn to by their personality type) by the various types, but even considering that, the MBPTI is darned accurate. As I stated a few weeks ago, it has its detractors, but David Kiersey, who has carried on the Myers/Briggs/Jung work, has taken the MBPTI to new heights. His newest book on this is scary accurate.

I was able to incorporate the MBPTI in an Ethics class I taught a few years ago at one of our local colleges. Interesting stuff.

I'm glad this OP was resurrected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit