What's your personality type? Myers-Briggs test

by frankiespeakin 190 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I forget my letters. The actual test has problems associated with it. People seem to jump from one category to another within a few years. We took a fake test in church. I was very extroverted and rational. The accompanying text explained that I was a field marshall type. 95% of lawyers fit into this category. I was wondering how much I was brainwashed. Someone said there is prob. self-selection into certain professions. The freaky thing is I had no idea what lawyers did most of the time until law school.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm an INFP... maybe not so rare amongst ex-JWs LOL

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yet another INTJ here.

With so many of us on the same or similar scores, maybe it explains why we all understand each other.......?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

INTP.

This forum is full of INTJ's and INTP's.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

MBTI is a very rich theory. It's not just letters like something Zodiac-thing.

INTP means a personality dominated by the Ti function, Ne as secondary, Si terciary and the Fe as the shadow. The other functions (Ni, Se, Te, Fi) are considered neutral in this type.

There's a lot of forums and explanations throughout the internet, it's a valuable tool to understand people.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"For that matter, what would the GB members test out as?"

STFUs ?!?!?!

DD

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Almost all of them seems to be ESFJ's.

An ideal GB member must be an ESFJ. Externally focused in a very narrow and concrete way with collective values. In a nutshell ESFJ's are enforcers of the status quo.

An ideal CEO probably would be an ENTJ.

I think Ray Franz was an INFP. INFP's are dreamers...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The test is a little subjective. Enviroment can effect your actions and you may spill over into another TYPE. INTJs will become extroverted at times ( like I do) because it is rational at the time. In other words, it's a survival technique. To keep from being targeted I essentially become an actor. I am actually quite good at channeling any given personality that I need depending on the situation.

That doesn't mean I am a fake. I just do what the situation calls for. I have done some acting for money in the past, but I quit auditioning because they just want fakes. If I did not believe in a character, then I simply could not invest in it. INTJs can become obsessed in something that interests them, otherwise forget it. You can't force me to do anything, it doesn't matter what it is.

"Acting" in the presence of some people does not mean I do it here, or that I can't be sincerely extroverted at times. My normal mode is that of an introverted loner. Being extroverted for long periods of time in a group takes an emotionally draining effort. Being an introvert in dub-land is hard. Especially when you are also a rationalist.

I am myself when I am here on JWN. No secrets, no acting. I can be more open if I feel comfortable or close to a group. That may be why I have shared some real bat-shit crash stuff about myself. Being constantly "on" mentally, with a never-ending internal dialogue can be exhausting. Especially if no one understands the concepts that you are sharing. So in a world of mostly " feeling and non-reasoning believers" it's difficult. Every now and then I have to go a little crazy, like a teenage Vulcan.

DD

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

An introvert can act extroverted at times, when the situation calls for it, but it doesn't change the fact that they are introverts. The question is, what gives you energy. An introvert will usually want to recharge by being alone for a certain amount of time, acting in a more extroverted way takes energy if you are an introvert. And all characteristics are on a range, I am only moderately introverted, I can usually put on my extraversion suit easily when needed, but I still need my alone time. A true extrovert will often recharge by being around others.

• done4good
    done4good

This is definately fascinating...INTJs are <1% of the population. I have not calculated the percentage of our sample, but this sample has to be close to 50%. This is not some statistical anomaly. There is a clear correlation bewtween this board and the INTJ personality type.

Many, many JWs leave, and never research or even question anything as to why. Usually it is just gut instinct, then left alone. The problem with that is a person becomes vulnerable to returning without examining the reasons as to why they left, rationally. This really is not good news when we think about it.

The upshot, we are clearly in the minority, and our friends and family stuck in are likely not going anywhere.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit