• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    Your Type is
    INFJ
    IntrovertedIntuitiveFeelingJudging
    Strength of the preferences %
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions. [ 14 ]

Yayyy! I'm rare!

INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner. [ 3 ]

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits", rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset. [ 15 ]

INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired. [ 16 ] Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition. [ 17 ]

• elderelite
    elderelite

INTJ

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I've taken the test (the official one, not the Internet one) probably about a dozen times now and have never been anything but INTP. That's particularly surprising when you consider that I'm a woman, and it's (I believe still) the 2nd-rarest type for women. Beyond that, I am an extreme INTP, hardly registering any E, S, F, or J traits at all.

It makes total sense for me. I prefer to operate within my own mind/world, I'd rather miss the trees for the forest any day, I can't stand emotionally-driven decision-making, and I like life to be flexible. (I'm the person who answers "Yes" or "No" questions with "It depends"...because it usually does.) I like my INTP-ness. It works nicely for me.

Regarding all of the questions about the number of INTJs here: That's normal for message board dwellers, ex-JW or not. INTJs like to write, they like to be authoritative in sharing ideas/facts/experiences, they like to be the people with answers to give, they like to work through evidence and think about ideas...it all makes sense. INTPs are very much the same, except we're more comfortable than INTJs when it comes to working with the less concrete details of life. An INTJ, for example, is more likely to give a Scriptural citation for a post, while an INTP is comfortable summarizing something. INTJs demand precision with everything, so if you're a shade off, they'll be tempted to hold it against you. An INTP, meanwhile, will usually bite their tongue, even though they notice the inaccuracy, as long as the overall point is right. Otherwise, we're pretty much the same.

wow, lots of judgmental types here

It's important to remember that the "Judging" trait doesn't mean judgmental. It just means that they like structure, and Perceivers like flexibility. INTJs don't automatically "judge" everyone else in the sense of placing value judgments on others as people. They like their own lives to be very ordered, but it doesn't mean they think everyone else ought to live the same way. If anything, the legendary INTJ jerkiness comes more from the NT preference than anything else. All of us NTs have a tendency to consider ourselves smarter or better informed than others, largely because we often are due to the amount of research and thinking we do, so the J vs. P thing isn't what determines that.

If anyone wants to read the official description of each preference, here's the Myers-Briggs webpage on it.

And to you INFPs and INFJs -- you're my favorite types. :)

• StAnn
    StAnn

INFJ.

Palimpsest, does that make me one of your favorites????

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I used to test in as ENFP. This time I tested in as INFP, but only slightly introverted. I think it could be the hour and probably being a little more caution and slowed down by middle age.

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

INTJ

I did it a while ago, it was creepy how much I saw myself in the description.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

ESTP from sweden here.

From a larger test at my work a few years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit