Hmmm...I have a question

by hmmmmmm 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Where exactly is that error?

That death without Christ as Mediator is to be feared.

edited to add: And that only Christians are deserving of eternal life (Bible error).

• Perry
    Perry

Heaven,

Then you are forced to somehow conjure up a God that does not Judge sin. That of course would make him evil; because him having the ability to punish sin refuses to do so.

And that only Christians are deserving of eternal life (Bible error).

As already pointed out, Christians do not believe this. But you are welcome to believe whatever you want.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Perry, what does the trial consist of if they're already guilty by virtue of not having accepted Christ in this life? Why bother resurrecting them, bringing them to the courtroom, and then withhold Christ's mercy from them? And why wait 1000 years to go through such a sham trial?

It doesn't make much sense to me...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Then you are forced to somehow conjure up a God that does not Judge sin.

Incorrect. For I conjure no God.

And that only Christians are deserving of eternal life (Bible error).

As already pointed out, Christians do not believe this. But you are welcome to believe whatever you want.

Also incorrect as shown in the following scriptures....

John 3:36: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 5:12: He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Careful their Mad Sweeney. You are using logic. Perry is liable to change the subject on you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Logic doesn't really mix well with folks who take their metaphors literally, does it?

• Chalam
    Chalam

choosing life Lake of fire, is that symbolic or eternal burning?

Jude 1:7 (New International Version)

7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Seems clear to me. JWs would disagree but then I don't agree with any of the WT teaching, it is all full of lies and distorted truths.

Are they resurrected and can choose Christ if they want, then?

Hebrews 9:27 (New International Version)

27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

No second chance, make your choice in this life.

Or are they just brought up to be told they were bad/wrong and then assigned to this lake of fire?

Daniel 12:2 (New International Version)

2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Revelation 20:14-15 (New International Version)

14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Choose life :)

John 3:14-18 (New International Version)

14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

It starts right away too, not just after death

John 10:10 (New International Version)

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Perry
    Perry

Jeff, You are pitiable. Say something befitting your intelligence man.

It doesn't make much sense to me...

Mad Sweeney,

I'm sure that it doesn't make much sense to Kahlid Shek Muhammad either. Everyone knows he's guilty; even our President says "he will be found guilty". I'm sure KSM would rather just skip the humiliation. But, justice requires it. Why do you judge God any differently than you judge our own judges.

Isn't that hypocritical?

• Perry
    Perry

Heaven,

That's all you got? Those scriptures don't say that Christians deserve everlasting life. I'm sorry, that is still a FALSE claim.

Incorrect. For I conjure no God.

Well, sure you do Heaven. Here's where:

If God is this short sighted, I want nothing to do with him.

Every time you chastise God, you must assume his existence. This assumption of yours of course evaporates as soon as your claims are logically examined and you flee into the hole of atheism. And, atheism is an impossibility. So, there is no safety from logic there either.

• Heaven
    Heaven

That's all you got?

It is all that is needed for my point.

Those scriptures don't say that Christians deserve everlasting life

Those scriptures say that if you aren't Christian you have no hope of everlasting life. The 'deserving' critieria is never reached if you do not believe in Christ.

Every time you chastise God, you must assume his existence.

I do not chastise God for I have no proof if he truly exists or not. I DO chastise the Christian God as defined in the Bible and by Christians. Big difference.

you flee into the hole of atheism

Incorrect. I have seen no proof on either side. My belief is that anything is possible.

And, atheism is an impossibility.

Prove it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit