Hmmm...I have a question

by hmmmmmm 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

Lake of fire, is that symbolic or eternal burning? Are they resurrected and can choose Christ if they want, then? Or are they just brought up to be told they were bad/wrong and then assigned to this lake of fire?

• The Finger
    The Finger

Christ is the propitiation. When we talk of good people, it is talking of works, and only Christ can save you. The acquittal is by our baptism.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Can you point out where I claimed that anyone was worthy of everlasting life?

I did not state this and you are reading more into what I said. I meerly stated that to fear death if Christ is not your Mediator is a short sighted belief. Christians believe that if you don't have Christ as Mediator, eternal life is unachievable (eg John 3:36, 1 John 5:12).

Because like I pointed out in the earlier post, biblically judgment is after death .... not before like the WT teaches.

There are millions of non-Christians in this world that will die without Christ as their mediator. There are countless people who have died prior to Christ's birth and therefore, died without him as their mediator. I see error in your statement (as well as Christian Bible belief) that we are to fear death without Christ as Mediator when countless have and will die this way. Being a Christian has nothing to do with whether you are a good person and whether you will pass any sort of 'after death judgment', hence my original statement that the Bible and Christianity are short-sighted in this matter.

• Perry
    Perry
    Are they resurrected and can choose Christ if they want, then?

No. What we do here has eternal consequences. Some say the Lake of Fire is literal, some say annilation. You read it and make the call.

The acquittal is by our baptism.

Baptism cannot save a person any more than a religion can save a person from judgment. Only the blood can save.

Colossians 1: (KJV)

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

• Perry
    Perry
    Being a Christian has nothing to do with whether you are a good person and whether you will pass any sort of 'after death judgment',

I agree with the first part and the bible teaches that judgment most certainly follows death:

Hebrews 9

27 ...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

• Perry
    Perry
    I see error in your statement (as well as Christian Bible belief)

Where exactly is that error?

• choosing life
    choosing life

So, Perry, people are resurrected to be told they will be either tortured or killed again. What purpose does that serve?

Maybe God can just read hearts and this cosmic shuffle of souls is just not necessary?

• Perry
    Perry

Choosing Life,

Do you think God should eternally condemn or eternally love a person without a trial? That is offensive to our sensibilities. Everyone deserves a trial, no?

• The Finger
    The Finger

by the baptism we are united with christ death and resurrection

• Perry
    Perry

Scriptures?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit