Hmmm...I have a question

by hmmmmmm 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hmmmmmm
    hmmmmmm

Hi.

Somethings seem weird.

For example - wages of sin is death - so if you sin you die, and if you die you have paid for that sin completely, so you have no more sin

now what if everyone in the world was killed - by a nuclear domino effect - in theory we have saved everyone ...

any ideas?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Hmmm. Nope.

villabolo

• hmmmmmm
    hmmmmmm

according to the jw point of view is what i meant

• villabolo
    villabolo

Not saved but given the possibility of a so called "second chance". JWs explain this about the hope of resurrection of previous dead people who did not hear the Christian message by saying that Jehovah will give them a chance to hear it during the millenium, that's kind of a "first chance". Then they"ll be zapped and killed again forever if they don't obey rules during the millenium.

The "second chance" is when someone in the present is thought by Jehovah as not having been exposed enough to His "witnesses" glorious message so He gives them a "second chance" by being resurrected in the Millenium. If they don't like the Lion petting routine, zap! Even if they do they still have until the end of the Millenium to go through another test with Satan brought up for an anticlimactic and boring sequel to Armageddon.

So, if every one in the world is nuked like you said most of them, at Jehovah's pleasure, should pop up out of the ground for what could be called a conditional salvation. But if that nuclear war were to happen killing off everyone on earth, as you said, then it would contradict a whole bunch of other Watchtower BS that would make the isssue moot.

villabolo

• Robdar
    Robdar

The wages of sin is silly theory and will lead a body to drinking if contemplated too much.

• Opus92
    Opus92

As the wages of sin are death, I'd betted get to sinning and make my inevitable death worth it. :D

• Robdar
    Robdar
    As the wages of sin are death, I'd betted get to sinning and make my inevitable death worth it. :D

Opus, I like your practicality.

• The Finger
    The Finger

To pay for the inherited sin of Adam you need to go to the 2nd death not hades and from there you never come out.

• teel
    teel

Others have said before me several times: the most "humane" thing to do for a JW is to be a suicide bomber. It's the best way to save the most people. It comes from the argument you used. Sure he wouldn't get resurrected, because he killed, but by the price of his life he can save many others, and isn't that a most christian thing to do? He may be even resurrected because he was so selfless...

Hmmmm, welcome to the forum...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

And if you've died and have paid off or were acquitted from your sin, a) what was Christ's sacrifice for, and b) why would there be any need to 'grow' to perfection in the resurrection (unless, bizarrely, you're resurrected imperfect/sinful and have to start over with a new 'debt')?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit