How Would You Deal With A Bully?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you ever see the movie "Bully" about a real life situation with kids in Florida that got sick of the bully and actually killed him? Great movie!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Lot's of different circumstances to consider. I'm was raised to fight a bully back. Tried to learn "turn the other cheek" in the JW's, but it was against my nature.

I grew up poor and in a rough neighborhood. Was into boxing, fighting & physical activities. Things like that will keep a bully from messing with your kid, but most JW's discourage that kind of stuff.

If the kid can handle a bully, then by all means go for it. Even if he loses, he'll gain the bully's respect and the fight will actually be a good experience for him. The problem is when the kid is definitely overmatched and could get seriously hurt. Then, it's either turn the other cheek and hope the bully doesn't inflict too much pain or do "tiger claw" from the movie The New Guy and run like hell.

I've got an interesting bully experience......I got jumped by a "gang" of about a dozen guys. The leader and 2nd in command started out fighting me one on one and I beat the $hit out of both of them. Next they wised up and rushed me all together, in which I took a severe beating. However, I was proud because I beat their top 2 guys pretty bad, before all 12 ganged up on me. After that I would try to avoid them, because there was just too many of them. I had them chase me several times. One time when running away from them, they trapped me in a fenced in backyard. I got into the corner and dared them to come on. There was only about 7 of them at the time. It was funny as hell. They would just keep looking at each other to see who was going to go first. Then one guy says, "won't we just leave him alone" and then they all backed down, left, and never bothered me again. I was on top of the world after that!

Think About It

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have a kid locked up in my cell block who dealt with a bully by taking a gun to school.

When I was raising my son, I sent him to a dojo instead of a kingdumb hall.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm happy to see people here not just roll over if someone tries to take advantage of them.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Minimus says- I'm happy to see people here not just roll over if someone tries to take advantage of them.

This is a good thread. The fact that most here are willing to fight the bully back is probably why we are no longer under WTS control.

In many ways the WTS is like a big bully.

Think About It

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread. When I was in my early 20's I worked for awhile in a warehouse selling electrical supplies. A temporary worker ( about 20 yrs.old ) who thought he was all that thought it would be cool to do an imaginary karate kick to my face and stop 1 inch short of kicking my face in. He found out how " cool " he was when my reactions and reflexes were quicker than his kick and I raised up my right knee to block his kick . I accidentally kneed him right in the balls and he went down fast gripping himself on the ground yelling " I'm gonna get you mother f------er after work !" I just looked at him and said, " Hey, sorry about that but I had to defend myself , I didn't know if you were gonna hit my face or not ! "

He must have thought better of it , because before work stopped he came up and said, " Hey dude, just wanna let you know I'm not gonna get you after work, it's cool . " LOL! I guess he didn't want to get any more dolphin love, eh ? LOL ! yeah he was a real bad a$$ . Not

• hoser
    hoser

What if the bully is your boss, elder, eldress, or circuit overseer? hard for me to deal with adult bullying. It's more common than childhood bullying me thinks.

• flipper
    flipper

HOSER- If the bully is your " boss, elder, eldress, or circuit overseer " - you STILL kick them in the balls. Yes, I've known some eldresses who have balls

• hoser
    hoser

thanks for the advice flipper

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

It depends on the situation.

In high school I picked up whatever heavy object I could find and went completely bezerk hitting the bully with it until he needed medical attention. This only happened once per school.

Once some thugs from the football team thought it would be funny to put me in a metal trashcan. They made the mistake of bragging about what they were going to do first. I got the trashcan between me and them and picked it up and smashed the biggest one as hard as I coudl with it. The others ran away. Guess who the school tried to blame for the incident?

If it is someone bullying my children I go to the bully's house ask the father to step outside and give him two choices. Make your thug leave my children aone or I'm going to make this a personal matter between you and I right here, right now.

If it is a "boss" i tell the "boss" in no uncertain terms "If you want to be able to speak to me again this bullshit stops right now".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit