How Would You Deal With A Bully?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Recently there have been news reports of teenagers killing themselves because they couldn't take being bullied any longer.

I hate bullies. I would feel horrible if my grandkids ever got bullied.

Have you ever put a bully in his or her place?

• Robdar
    Robdar

You beat their ass thoroughly. When you are through with beating their ass, you help them up, dust them off, and tell them what a good, hard fight it was and what a worthy opponent they are. They will love you for life and follow you around defending you. (true story)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just kick their ass...end of bully.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Not as a child, but as an adult, I put my first husband in his place with a pair of sharp scissors.

He was an overbearing bully, the bastard!

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Have you ever put a bully in his or her place?"

Yes, while I was a child and as a mother.

• minimus
    minimus

You all kick ass!

• undercover
    undercover

As a kid, I usually avoided them. I got pretty good at being invisible. Only a few times did I have to face a bully. I got in a fight with one. Lost the fight but I got my revenge later. I got him when we wasn't looking. I got sent to the principal's office...go figure. But I knew that I had to do it to get him to leave me alone in the future. I can handle the principal one time. And it worked. He knew not to mess with me...he could never be sure what to expect later.

As a young adult, I learned that most bullies back down when you don't show fear or if you just stand up to them. Even if you are afraid and not sure you can take them in a fight, just pretend that you can kick their ass and display some anger and drive and odds are they'll back down.

One time I stood down two guys who were trying to pick a fight just by giving them a crazy eyes look. Think Charlie Manson with a dash of Clint Eastwood. One of em commented, "hey man, he's crazy, leave him alone".

• Robdar
    Robdar

You all kick ass!

I was a small, thin child with delicate features. Other kids thought I was an easy target. They hadn't a clue how wiry and quick I was or how mean I could be. Once they found out, they never forgot. ~big grin~

Every child should learn how to fight.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    One time I stood down two guys who were trying to pick a fight just by giving them a crazy eyes look.

LOL!

I love doing the crazy eyes. People think twice before they mess with crazy.

It is also good to know how to act "ghetto."

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Every child should learn how to fight.

Amen.

I tried to raise my first daughter the JW way - no fighting.

When she started middle school in another area, all that changed.

She kicked butts and took names. Had to do it.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit