If we evolved why is the brain more than we need?

by cyberjesus 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    The thing is that the brain IS actually working on full capacity, at least as far as we know.

Enough said.

Judge Dread

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

CyberJesus,

It's called creation, that's why you're stumped. Just accept the truth, it's creation.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The more I question the more I realized I was fed bull crap! So what the f... do I really know? Gosh darn it! Thanks for your answers. I should use google more. Sorry the lazyness comes also from the WT am just used to beeing spoon fed

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's called creation, that's why you're stumped. Just accept the truth, it's creation.

I think the evidence says otherwise!

• bohm
    bohm

cyberjesus: Dont sweat it and keep asking the questions, there are properly plenty who are having the same questions.

No matter what you believe regarding the jehovahs witness, you cant get around that most in brooklyn knows their bible very well, so that means that their biblical and historical arguments have *some* quality, even though they are wrong.

When it comes to evolution and the ark the situation is quite different. most dont have a clue at all. their book - 'life how did it get here' - is not even trying to make sence, it is just a lot of assertation, false arguments and quotes taken more or less out of context done by a guy who are completely oblivious to what he is writing about.

So all i want to tell you is that no matter what you believe on the subject, make sure to question all you have been told and read from multiple sources.

Good luck! I would perhaps recommend you began with the story of the ark instead of evolution, since the evidence is easier to comprehend (IMHO). talkorigins has some excelent articles on the subject.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Yes I have studied the facts about the ark and dont believe in it anymore nor the bible. Its just hard to memorize all the facts...But i thought it was because I was only using 10% of my brain. Gosh darn it am using all and I still cant memorize?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

good question cyberjesus.

imo everything we have is much more than we need or use. thats why I believe in both "creation" and "evolution"

• cantleave
    cantleave

QL

The whole "we only use 10% of brain" is pure myth!!!!!!

We use the whole of our brain, this can be seen.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

cantleave I read the link but it looks to me that the author of the piece has a bee in his bonnet about people who claim and promote psychic powers.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The whole "we only use 10% of brain" is pure myth!!!!!!

Check this dude out.

Daniel Tammet - The Boy With The Incredible Brain [1/5]

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit