1914 can be proved wrong now, using the same logic and reasoning, they missed a KEY POINT!

by EndofMysteries 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Okay this has 'peaked' my interest as much as possible between getting dinner ready and other stuff.....

So how many months are we dealing with from this era (and which era /calendar is used....Seleucid?)

TD as usual is correct about 29.5 days per month

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The "bible year" is NOT the lunar OR solar year.

Read Rev 11:3 - "two prophets prophesy 1,260 days" = 360X3.5

11:2= "courtyard trampled 42 months" = 3.5 years

11:11 = "dead for 3 and 1/2 days"

12:6="women fed for 1,260 days"

12:14 = "fed in wilderness for time, times and 1/2 time" (THAT compared to vs 6 shows the bible considers a time as 1 year and 1 year as 360 days) NOW to show how there are 30 days added at the 7th year, in which that part was not known or neglected on the WT 1914 logic.......

Daniel 12:11 = "happy is the one who arrives at the 1,290 days"

Ez 4:5 = "390 days"

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Almost left out the scripture tying it together, Daniel 9:26 and 27, which I suggest you look in several bibles and interlinear translations, but it says in NWT this key phrase, (but the whole thing important to understand, and look in several translations), "he must keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week (3.5 days, time times and 1/2 time, 42 months, 1260 days), he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to ceease. "and upon the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an exterminatio, the very thing decided upon will go pouring out also upon the one lying desolate."

NOW again look at Daniel 12:11 - "and from the time that the constant feature has been removed (daily sacrifice and gift offerings of Daniel 9:26,27) and there has been a placing of the disgusting thing causing desolation (that which is making worship unacceptable to God and desolate), there will be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. ) The 2nd half of the week of Daniel 9:26,27 and hence why also those extra 30 days. THEN after that week is over, when the WILD BEAST is in full power, why Daniel 11:12 says "Happy is the one who is keeping in expectation arrives at the one thousand three hundred and thirty five days!" Which means at the conclusion of this week, there is 45 days (from the scripture, actual time length is another matter).

I went beyond what I wanted to show, but I feel at ease showing this right now, so if anyone gets anything interesting out of this, or if any understanding of other things through this, please let me know.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's just amazing to me how the bible is written. Taking any of these scriptures individually leaves so much possibilities, but understanding all of them combined and connecting the pieces and the puzzle, I love it!

• TD
    TD
    It's just amazing to me how the bible is written. Taking any of these scriptures individually leaves so much possibilities, but understanding all of them combined and connecting the pieces and the puzzle, I love it!

This is probably off the topic of your OP, but why do you consider the Bible to be a single monolithic work as opposed to a more loosely organized anthology?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The 30 days may be added every 6 years, may have messed that part up, but that wouldn't effect this topic or time, because we are dealing with 1 set of 7, not multiple in this instance. But for any going beyond and trying to learn the time counting itself, will need to do a lot of research.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

There may be parts, books, etc inserted in the bible, been trying to figure that out or if discrepencies are from the translation. But as for the "true" books, perhaps including ones not cannonized, reading Daniel and Revelation and even Ezekiel, hundreds of years apart. They appear to be completely different books as well. The prophecies not related, or talking about different events. When actually seeing how they are all talking about the same thing, how the timing and pretty much EVERYTHING on them are in full harmony with eachother, I can't think of how something like that could be done so flawlessly by people who were not even alive during the same time. If you read my last post tying a lot of it together, you'll see how the last week of the 70 weeks prophecy, the entire book of revelation, then the king of the north/south, and won't list them as too much work, but Jeremiah, Joel, Isaiah, etc are all talking about this week of time and agree with eachother. But instead of being black and white to understand it, for the week for example, "week, time times and 1/2 time, 42 months, 3 and 1/2 days, 1260 days, 1290 days, middle of the week, 7 times" all of those on their own mean different things, but then the context of them all combined and when you see are talking about the same event, you get the true understanding.

There may be a few things that need to be sorted, but if all the above is not inspired of God, it's too great to be coincidence and too perfect a conspiracy to be by human minds. Just from a logical standpoint and based on this post would be my reasoning. More indepth answer is too long of a subject to type out here.

• moshe
    moshe

This all a bunch of numerology calculations and leads to a dead end for anyone foolish enough to waste their time on it. Judge Rutherford had his Grand Jewish Jubilee that was definitely going to happen in 1925- oh happy days, for the ancient worthies, King David was gonna get to drive a Cadillac around Californiee!

• wary
    wary

Hi,

Hey 1944s a bit off, why not add, or subtract a zero, up to you and you get 1945. end of ww2 now thats a reason to start your own religion.

wary

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The math here is worthy of Freddy Franz. I imagine it crossed his mind to change over to 1944. He might have gotten away with it. Despite the fact that he would have had to change JW thought that WWI was the beginning of Satan's ousting from heaven followed by the Spanish Flu. He could easily have convinced the faithful that they were going to hear of wars and other parts of the composite sign and the end was not yet. I imagine he abandoned such 1944 thinking because current thinking at WTS was that they had convinced the members that the "generation" was getting old, so the end must be imminent. Keeping the parousia at 1914 allowed for that, enabling the 1975 push.

They needed 1975 to drive up membership and pay for the modernize of the presses. Giving themselves 30 years of wiggle room would have removed urgency just as it did in 1995. Even delaying the imminent end a little bit would have hurt organizationl urgency and growth.

Now, had Russell thought of this in 1915, he might have made a go of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit