What Are Some Ridiculous Things JWs Have Said?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Thanks FF - I haven't laughed that much for some time.

• agent zero
    agent zero

any comment about personal conduct that's backed up by "it says so in such and such book" (published by the WTS), despite no mention of it in the bible.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Losch's Italian speech on higher education is notorious for its ridiculousness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

• minimus
    minimus

Who the hell is "the Slave" ?

it's those giving the talk.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

"Jehovah will make trees in the paradise that grow vegetables that taste like meat so that we will not miss eating meat"...an elder that is on every circuit and district assembly

• minimus
    minimus

Mag, I never heard that one! I just love sirloin onions and pork cabbage!

• dissed
    dissed

FF - Classic!!

After spending just 10 minutes with someone who claims to be of the annointed, a GB member can tell if they really are or not.

ALLTimeJeff - Numair teaches the Gilead??? Interesting. New him well in the 1980's.

• doublelife
    doublelife

hamilcarr, that clip was definitely ridiculous. How could a person compare education with attempted suicide?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Great clip, hamilcarr. I remember calling him losch-bag even when I was still a JW.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Fortunately I didn't come across WTS until 1982 by which time I was already at University. I still can't believe how damn stupid I was giving up my career in the forces and disconnecting from all my 'worldy' friends. I dread to think how many vulnerable people get enmeshed in its foolish idealogy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit