May I have your attention please?

by WildHorses 47 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I have a suggestion. OK, we do not want to lose people like Farkel, Alan, Mind..........Hmmmmmmmmmm, this fluff mind is drawing a blank on names here. Hmmmm, oh yeah focus is one. Maybe by the end of this post I will think of a few more. Yup, sure enough HS, and quit a few others.

OK, he goes. We wish them to stay, but they feel there is to much fluff.

I have two options thanks to a few people's suggestions in chat.

1. We can hijack one of Simon's forums for pure fluff post and let the male egos flow on the main forum. I'm joking about the ego guys, don't shit a brick, OK?

2. We can limit the fluff post to say two days a week devoted to pure fun loving fluff days. But.................on these two days, the male ego posters have to also post fluff or nothing at all.

Do you think this will work?

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Simon
    Simon

I could easily create a completely separate forum site for deep, deep researchy stuff where any fluffy posts could be deleted OR create a new 'friends and gossip' type forum for posts so that the main forum does not become too cluttered.

This would make possibly some options such as being able to filter which forums are included in active lists etc...

Any thoughts ?

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Lilacs,

You're such a nice sensible & caring person. Such a thorny problem about the scholars and the conversationalists! I never have a problem with either: both categories are very pleasant for me.

The only category i try to avoid is the volatile ones. There are some who can 'agree to disagree' and all benefit. But then we get some touchy folks too.

Thanks for your thread.

Pat

"It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the world." (from "Stuart Saves His Family")

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Simon, that would be great!!!!!! Thanks

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • patio34
    patio34

Simon, our posts crossed. Your ideas, either one, would work great. It would be a place that the informative posts could go and stay for a while. No, would it make the fluff go and stay for a while? Now i know why YOU'RE the board proprietor!!

Pat

"It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the world." (from "Stuart Saves His Family")

• radar
    radar

Simon

Just have a section entitled "FLUFF" people can post under fluff then.

Radar not wishing that we swing to the other extreme and see too many posts like the book of Numbers or JOB for example.

Radar

• nelly136
    nelly136

fuff gets everywhere even belly buttons (why is mens usually blue?)
    if there was a serious research forum then it would be
    easier for that to be contained than fluff
    nelly

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

There are already forums for "serious" threads on bible research, beliefs and doctrines, mental health etc.

If the posters of those types of threads put them in the appropriate forums to start with, they'll probably avoid most of the fluff from fluffy posters who don't go there.

Expatbrit

• Celtic
    Celtic

Many seem perfectly happy that the board is just as it is and don't have a problem with it, whilst others of us would like to see improvements made. Its not about creating separation, one group putting themselves above another, far from it, its about creating that space that assist the community to not defragment as much as it does, its cohesion overall that we are working towards, unifying the effectiveness of how the board presents its message. The board is many things but like any thing else, it needs room to grow and transform with the times, otherwise we may find that the present systems falls into a rut, herein lies that danger.

There really is no judging here, far from it is what I'd like to assure others who feel that we are just trying to be intellectually superiour. This is certainly not the case or how we feel about others, just an enablement of more equality for everyone.

Thats about as Fluffy as I can get, oh dear, I do hope Uncle Brucey approves. Dear ole Brucey, he's such a balmpot and maybe I owe him an apology too.

Take care all, kind regards

Mark

• LB
    LB

expatbrit there ya go. I agree completly. To be honest it makes sense to me that the main board would be a place to meet and talk about general things. There are boards already in place where the deep thinkers wouldn't be subjected to us shallow thinkers.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit