May I have your attention please?

by WildHorses 47 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I say leave it the way it is. Deep posts should go under bible beliefs and those other forums anyway. The main forum should be for whatever. Why is everyone so worried about the fluff...I do not get the problem here...

• AlanF
    AlanF

You should wonder, wonderwoman77. The only ones worried about "fluff" posters, to use the term that our most astute Xena coined, are "fluff" posters.

Lilacs made some very reasonable suggestions, which have been warped by a few with little demonstrated thinking ability.

AlanF

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It just seems to me that a very simple solution, for people who think they aren't getting enough attention, is to start their own webpage, like zev did.

It's a big internet out there, what's the big deal? If you think your stuff is so important, you should be willing to pay for it to be put up, and maybe other people will help you as well.

If you don't care enough to pay 10.00 a month for something, well....

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Okay listen up you Turkeys!!!

I'm one of those attention starved intellectuals who just can't get enough praise and my own self esteem is so damn low that I need to try to rescue everyone to make myself feel less than the pile of shit I am...

Is that what you want to hear? Maybe there are some people who need the attention...well we got trolls doing just that don't we? But try to get this straight not all of us feel that way..GOT IT?

I don't like spending two or three hours of my time putting together an informative post that MAY have some value to someone only to have it vanish from the dog pile of general posts. NO, my post isn't more important than anyone else's not even Fred Hall's. If it is going to help someone, well cool. They don't owe me a damn thing though. They don't have to pat me on the back and say, well done ex-brother Skipper I just simply want it to be there for someone to use. Get real, nobody has time to wade back through a zillion posts to find all the deep stuff.

I support the idea of Simon having some real general catagories where anything that takes a lot of time and effort in creating can be seperated from cool fluff. Hell yes, I like fluff too. Most of the posts on here are fluff. Long live fluff but don't bury everything is all I'm asking.

Simon, how about 3 general catagories:
    LIGHT SHIT

HEAVY SHIT

BAD SHIT

As if you get too many catagories, well people are normally overwhelmed with too many choices and will post it on the main board. Oh, and of course you can rename the catagories as well.

Finally, rant rant rave...thank you Lilacs for starting this thread and the other participants. This place is big enough for all of us to play in if we can figure out how to keep stepping on each other's toes. I would like to say in closing that no fluff posts were harmed or injured in the making of this half-hearted fluffy reply.

Skipper

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Hint: Bttt

TimB

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Get real, nobody has time to wade back through a zillion posts to find all the deep stuff.

I'll sidestep the obivious contradiction you made in your third paragraph and just focus on the last sentence quoted above.

Wil u please take your own advice and get reel, main? Nobody has to wade through anything to find all the deep stuff posted by whomever. If I wanted to see what Mindchild posted all I hve to do is find his profile on a post and click on the "Threads Posted by Mindchild" icon. Then like magic, links to evry thread you've evr posted will automatically appear. No wading involved, very user friendly i might add. This same process of viewing threads can be used by everyone to keep track of what being posted and when the last heavy-hitter hit something heavily. I'm having a hard time understanding what all the complaints are about.

ONE....

bigboi

"it's like the one thing we all have in common is that we
    got played by a cult and a bunch of old men and no matter what it will
    always be a part of us no matter how much we distance ourselves from it"
    ~ Ghostquote

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Bigboi...yes you could look through my posts like that but 75% or more are fluff themselves dude! Besides this, just knowing who a poster is doesn't mean much. A newbie wouldn't have a clue as to who posts deeper material and what is valuable that is already in the archives. You can use the stat section to try to find popular posts but you will discover that a lot of these are simply flame wars. Thus, do you see the problem? It is not a huge problem, but it is there simply because there are so many types of posts.

Skipper

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think that this board is just great the way that it is now. Personally speaking, I wouldn't walk away because I didn't like the way that it was going, if I didn't like it I would just visit less often and visit other places more.

IMHO, the board does a fine job of regulating itself, any more tweaks to the system would probably be detrimental.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"At the same time, the tendancy appears to post the majority of any post in the MAIN section for a higher degree of visibility. "

Path, with the mnew format of this forum, it really doesn't matter where you post a thread. When you click active, the last post that is posted to is at the top.

As far as wanting to be on the main forum. It doesn't really matter to me which forum I use to post, and I do believe where ever the fluff post are moved to, will still be the most popluar forum.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • WildHorses
    WildHorses

"which have been warped by a few with little demonstrated thinking ability."

Dear sweet Alan, you shouldn't say things like that. tsk tsk tsk. You know how us women get, don't want to turn this into a flame thread do we?

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit