May I have your attention please?

by WildHorses 47 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

"If it ain't broke...Don't fix it." so says Meatloaf. Starring in an 80's movie called "Roadie"

TimB

• Tatiana2
    Tatiana2

Geez, Tim...did you read my post first or do we have an ESP thing going on here???? LOL
    Missed you!

April

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

I think tyydyy is partway there.

In order for a serious intellectual conversation to be effective in providing sufficient points of view for a conclusion to be reached, it has to have exposure. And it's easy for this exposure to be found in "main".

However, if those who want that kind of conversation all flocked to the other forums, as I do myself, and lived there, then that would solve the "problem".

I mean, the point of having a forum called "main" IS for general talk.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I read your post Tat but it reminded me of one of my favorite movies.

TimB

PS: I missed you too. I kept asking Xena where you were and she kept me posted. It feels so much better when you're around.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I don't think the board is "broken", but it has evolved to a point where it has caused a certain type of poster to lose interest, which may or may not affect the longevity of this discussion board.

Obviously as the culture of this board changes and evolves, it is wise to anticipate and attempt to counter issues before or as they arise.

I do feel some have over-flated egos and perhaps that may be a factor in the departure of some. On the other hand, the perspective and knowlege of some individuals is a great asset to this community, and largely responsible for many here being here and not still a blind Witness.

Making changes to the format of the board might already be too late, but to let things ride is probably not the wisest thing to do.

Path

• Xena
    Xena

Lets face it the fluffy posters outnumber the serious ones. So when a fluffy thread goes up it gets lots more posts than a serious one. My solution? Very easy...either Simon assignes several "fluffers" to a serious poster aka "meathead" or we can choose our own...then we do the best that we can to follow them around and say things like:

"Wow! I couldn't have said that better myself"

"Golly Gee, I sure wish I had thought of that myself"

"Geepers I never would have left the org. without someone like you posting information like this online"

"This information is going to bring the WT to it's KNEES! Way to go dude!"

"I appreciate ALL the time and effort you put into doing this research just for ME!"

"He didn't really mean to be rude or callous....he is just very very smart and doesn't need to be bothered with manners"

If we can focus our fluffers to the extent of getting them to do this...well we just might be able to save this board...

So I challenge each and every "fluffer" to pick their "meathead" counterparts and get to work massaging those egos!

Xena of the sarcastic morning class

PS Hi Tat

• Tatiana2
    Tatiana2

Xena, I swear, if you were a man and not already married, I'd marry you!!!!!!!! This is what I meant about bringing new insight to a serious thread!

(Fluffy enough??? LOL)

April

• riz
    riz

Oh my god Xena I nearly wet myself

riz

• bigboi
    bigboi

Xena's da coolest!

ONE....

bigboi

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Xena - love you just the way you are lol!

closer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit