NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• St George of England
    St George of England

Saw this on YouTube today but not sure how to insert it. Well worth a watch. Perhaps someone can offer a bit of help if it doesn't work.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PnAZSYkkY6A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PnAZSYkkY6A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

George

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby (JW) has no idea the impact of handing his study articles off to me. It's time to study the generation change, nestled in paragraph fourteen on page 10 of the April 15, 2010 Watchtower. Just in time, too, as some more old-timers have passed away. I am referring to the passing of Ray Franz and Ted Jaracz, may they rest in peace.

When reviewing my own family tree, I've found that each generation covers about a twenty-year period, as a new set of children come of age and have children of their own. In my family there are currently four generations alive at once. Only by the most astounding feat of health care will we make it to five (go dad!).

As others have noted, if Jesus was speaking to his contemporaries of that generation, it should have lasted no more than eighty years past his conversation, overlapping generations or not. To claim that the prophecy has remained current and relevant for 2,000 years is ludicrous.

This "new math" now pushes failure of this prophecy to about 2114, proposing that an "anointed" witness born in 1914 with supernatural perception powers lives to be a hundred and a "contemporary" great, great, great, great great grandchild is born on the day of his death, also with supernatural perception powers.

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife and I are suppose to study this article together before this Sunday. I am not certain if we will make it. I'm trying to get an elder who I refer to as "scholar" from her mom's congegration to at least agree that generation means people who were born around the same time.

The Insite book says this and he is fond of researching WT literature on his iPod.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

I'mmmmmmmmmm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!How you all doing?.........Their is major discontent among the JWS becasue of this rediculous new light about the expanded 1914 generation,,,,,,!I know many people,now leaving this cult,because they just can't take it anymore.They/JWS are all burned out with the preaching work too,and CONSTANTLY runing to endless meetings,listening to the same old drum beat.God help them.And now this,,,,,,,,,confusing expanded 1914 generation??????????......The GB knows they are loosing members big time,because at this late date,,,,,,,,,they have told so many lies,that their are none left to tell,,,,,,,,hehehe!!!!!!!!!............Oh what a tangled web we weave,when we practice to deceive..................!Now what big boys????????Waite until they have to drop 1914,,,,,,,,,,their goes everyone ok!Just think about it,,,,in 3 and 1/2 years from now,,,,,,,it will be 2014,,,,,the 100th year centenial dates birthday 1914 celibration,hum?????????,,,,,,that is when it will smack most of them in the face,as they think,,,,,,,,,,,,,waite a minute,,,,,,it's been 100 years since the ..........."Creators Promise/Jehovahs Prophetic Words ,,,,,,,,,,have failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........Glad i've been gone for over 20 years now.As the old fools die off,from the bottom to the top,their will be massive doubts pulling them all out of the hall.Thank you Lord!Amen!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

they can change it as many times as they want.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Looking at the organization's progressive interpretation of the 1914 “generation”?

In 1968 the youngest of the 1914 generation were 15 years old.

"Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when the 'last days' began. ... Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of 'this generation' nearly 70 years old today." (Awake! Oct 8, 1968 p13)

In 1978 the youngest of the 1914 generation were clearly not babies

"Thus, when it comes to the application in our time, the "generation" logically would not apply to babies born during World War I. It applies to Christ's followers and others who were able to observe that war and the other things that have occurred in fulfillment of Jesus' composite "sign."" (Watchtower Oct 1, 1978 p31)

In 1980 the youngest of the 1914 generation were revised to 10 years olds.

"As indicated by an article on page 56 of U.S. News & World Report of January 14, 1980, "If you assume that 10 is the age at which an event creates a lasting impression on a person's memory," then there are today more than 13 million Americans who have a "recollection of World War I."" (Watchtower Oct 15, 1980 p31)

In 1984 the youngest of the 1914 generation were reduced to babies.

"If Jesus used "generation" in that sense and we apply it to 1914, then the babies of that generation are now 70 years old or older. And others alive in 1914 are in their 80's or 90's, a few even having reached a hundred. There are still many millions of that generation alive." (Watchtower May 15, 1984 p5)

In 1988 the youngest were babies that were born in 1914

"Likewise today, most of the generation of 1914 has passed away. However, there are still millions on earth who were born in that year or prior to it." (Watchtower April 8, 1988 p14)

Even if they were only conceived in 1914, they youngest of this important generation would be 98 years old.

Finally In 2010 the 1914 generation overlaps.

How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”?
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it
    surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various
    features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation
    must be near. By maintaining your sense of
    urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that
    you are keeping up with advancing light and following
    the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37. April 15, 2010 Watchtower.

Article: Holy Spirit’s Role in the Outworking of Jehovah’s Purpose

It is wonderful how the Bible light continues to shine brighter and brighter on this amazing Watchtower generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit