New light: Generation

by 5thGeneration 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they either need people with a 160IQ or a 40

• Quandry
    Quandry

I think this is great and can't wait until this "new light" is "explained" in the WT magazine for all to study. I think many heads will be reeling from the continuous re-inventing of the generation.

Will some be like me when the change came in 1995, looking around and wondering why no one else seemed concerned that the WTS would change the generation "truth" after they had spent years "building my confidence that the ones at an age of understanding in 1914 would not pass off the scene until the new system?"

Sadly, most will probably just sit glassy-eyed and thank the governing body for the "new light" and immediately go forth to preach it! But-maybe a few will rethink the knawing doubt in the back of their minds, and visit the internet......

• TD
    TD
    .....and think about how it has always been taught that there were two (2) applications for these verses...

Curious...Do you personally accept Post-Biblical typology yourself, or are you speculating on what the JW's might do in the future?

• oompa
    oompa

i think you may have bad info fith....the slave was FORCED to do away with literal LIFESPAN of those who saw the beginning of the sign because they are almost all dead.....first they did away with having to have SEEN it...just be born in 1914.....they HAD to get rid of literal generation...so how could they bring it back with almost nobody alive from back then?............where did you get your meeting info?...........oompa

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Notes from friends who were there.

Talk was by Pierce and he was quoting Barr.

That's why I said 'unofficial'.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Can you imagine trying to explain that to one of your bible studies?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oompa, I don't have the patience to find the links but this has been mentioned here before. It's been dubbed on JWN as the "Overlap Doctrine" or some such nonsense. One of the GB members spoke on how the lives of the anointed alive in 1914 would overlap with the lives of the anointed who live until the very last day. So it's kind of goofy, but it might enable them to spin why they were wrong over-anxious about their statements in the past about the generation and the end being so near. "We sorta had it right, but needed a wee bit more nulite from JoeHobba. It is a literal generation and it did have something to do with the 1914 generation. All that stuff in 1995 was just jumping the gun."

It is not doctrine yet. It was just kicked out there at their annual meeting and I think they want to see what the members (and us too) think about it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

choosing life,

:What scriptures do they contort to "prove" this new understanding?

LMAO!

Farkel

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

At recent Circuit Assembly, the circuit's new C.O. made mention that new information was coming on the Generation. Keep a look out at jw.org for the April 2010 WT -- it might be in there or perhaps the May issue.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

@TD: I'm not sure what to think. At this point, I think some of it applies to our day, but I'm doing a lot of research because, frankly, I'm confused about what to think.

The overlapping generation doesn't make sense to me. I think it does open the way though for them to understand "generation" as what I have proposed: "the generation" to experience all these things, not the ones who saw them start....I could swallow that a lot easier than the overlap idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit