New light: Generation

by 5thGeneration 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• changeling
    changeling

I can confirm this. A friend of mine went to the Annual Meeting and sent me an email of the highlights aferwards. :)

• VM44
    VM44

"At recent Circuit Assembly, the circuit's new C.O. made mention that new information was coming on the Generation."

Cross out the word "information" and replace it with "speculation."

The Watchtower is making things up again!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Dont you guys remember the talk at the DA about Ezekiels Wheel within a Wheel thingy? It was SO DAMN CONFUSING that nobody understood it. But thats the beauty of it. It only convinces them that "we have the truth because who else has Jehovah entrusted with such DEEP understanding but the Governing Body? We are not meant to understand it...only accept it for what it is...new light on Jehovahs Truth to us! Praise jehovah!"

And now Im going to go barf.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I agree Dssynergy, It does not apply to our day and Jesus never said it had a greater fullfillment. Every thing has to have a greater fullfillment for the WTS so they can go on and on with their lies.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, if seeing the beginning of the sign also involves understanding, then it must have been the adults in 1914 who were expecting to be taken up into heaven- that would have been the Rutherford generation and it was basically gone by 1970. To have been able to work with them means they were adults in 1960- about age 30 at least- born in 1930- so they are in there 80's now and are retired. I am thinking of good 'ol Charlie Sunutko, the . "stay alive until 1975 " speaker as a good example of that generation who got his start in the late 50's as a pioneer. Yes, it all makes perfect sense to a liar who is pleading for just one more chance to get it right.-

• choosing life
    choosing life

I must be slow because it doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Maybe that's a good thing?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Seems Jack Barr was the first to enunciate this new twist. See what happens when you let senile old men (Barr is 97?) invent doctrine.

The WTS sure is making an ass over themselves over this generation creed. At least Judge Rutherford could admit he had made an ass of himself sometimes. LOL

It's actually a good thing they keep messing around with this creed because it can augment the cynicism of many disillusioned JW's and be the catalyst for them beginning a fade.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

that is so insane! it just goes on and on someday it will be the generation is anybody who knew somebody who knew someone that knew someone who was born in 1914 that later became anointed.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

The 'Generation' is now 'the lifespan of those who actually saw the beginning of the sign and then the lifespan of those who worked with those who saw the beginning of the sign'.

What scriptures do they contort to "prove" this new understanding?

An elder paid me a visit this evening and gave me a clue as to how they are going to find a justification to this new explanation : The gifts which the HS bestowed on the apostles and first disciples , that is Healing, prophesying and speaking in tongues, have been passed by them onto the next generation of disciples and only on those ones. These special gifts came to an end afterwards. Same thing here, go figure...

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

An elder once told me that since the Society is right on so many issues (soul, hellfire, trinity, etc.) that we basically "give it to them" (meaning the benefit of the doubt on the generation issue)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit