For those who researched 607...

by AwSnap 95 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

Scholar

Post 1852

Okay, in all seriousness. You have an opportunity now to prove 607 BCE for anyone who cares, which right now includes me. I realize you are probably not taking this exchange seriously as I have made some comments in the past regarding your 'scholar-ness' as questionable. However, all jokes aside. If you have proof, present it. If you have already done so before, show us what you've done.

Here's what you've given me so far:

• The current king's list is inaccurate and there is no accurate king's list to check.
    • The seventy years interpretation of the Bible (609 BCE to 539 BCE) that supports the current 586 BCE conclusion is wrong while the seventy years interpretation of the Bible (607 BCE to 539 BCE) that supports 607 BCE is right.
    • King Neb ascended to the throne in 524 BCE, according to 'celebrated WT scholars.' In his 19th year Jerusalem was destroy, in 607 BCE.
      • But 624 - 19 = 605

I don't understand why proving these claims should be so tough. I also don't understand why, if indeed 607 BCE is correct, it is too tough to present facts that support it from sources outside of the watchtower.

In working from 539 BCE to 607 BCE the celebrated WT scholars use the Bible and secular sources combined with the latest and best scholarship yhus proving 537 BCE along with seventy years arriving at 607 BCE

The problem here is that secular scholars and historians can also use the Bible along with secular sources combined with the latest and best scholarship to prove 586 BCE with the seventy years falling between 609 BCE and 539 BCE. However, the facts concerning 586 BCE are readily available for anyone to check.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Here's a web page written by most likely a JWS on why they think 607 BCE is correct http://www.2001translation.com/587_or_607.htm

The problem the way I see it the WTS. focuses their date ( 607 BCE ) on prophecy and not archaeological findings or evidence.

If an individual deems prophesy as factual evidence to hold on to, then he would most likely considers a man being swallowed by a big fish

and walking out of the fish's mouth after 3 days as factual evidence to hold on to as well.

• thetrueone
  • scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

Post 13913

It seems that the 'celebrated WT scholars' are an enigma for you but that is just the way it is. Whatever praise or recognition scholar gives to this august body it simply recognizes what Jehovah God is accomplishing through His people and His Organization on earth in these modern times.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Garyneal

Post 500

Proof for the validity of 607 BCE has always been presented in numerous WT publications so all that I would do is simply present what has already been published and you are quite capable of finding and reading that information yourself. Scholar will help you if you are having some technical problems with the subject.

You list three aspects of Bible chronology but these were not of my suggestion but of yours for it was you that asked about these matters and I have responded as necessary. These matters are settled by means of the Bible and the presentation of chronology as presented in WT publications and this should be sufficient for you.

You are correct in that secular scholars do use the Bible, secular sources and scholarship to prove 586 or 587 BCE but the celebrated WT scholars use and can use the same identical information to prove 607 BCE. So you have a big problem here! For equally the facts in support of 607 BCE are available for all to check.

scholar JW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The celebrated Scholars of the Watchtower Society are nothing but sensationalizing speculative book sellers, thats all.

Or in other words commercially inspired bible theorist.

Or in other words religious charlatans.

Consider yourself witnessed to Scholar.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I've got to hand it to you Scholar you do bring some humor on to the forum

The celebrated Trueone thanks you

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

scholar JW = pyramidologist

• Farkel
    Farkel

garyneal,

:If, however, 624 BCE was the first year Neb began his ruling, then the math works out to 606 BCE. This is VERY INTERESTING because as I recall, this was the year the WTS use to promote until it was later discovered that there was no year zero.

The fact that there is no year zero is irrelevant when dealing with dates starting and ending before the Common Era.

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If, however, 624 BCE was the first year Neb began his ruling, then the math works out to 606 BCE.
    This is VERY INTERESTING because as I recall, this was the year the WTS use to promote
    until it was later discovered that there was no year zero.

Hammer HeadOnly the WBT$ would accept a full year to pass..Hammer Head

And..

Come up with a Zero Year!

.................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit