For those who researched 607...

by AwSnap 95 Replies latest jw friends

• lancelink
    lancelink

wow, an amazing amount of information !!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I've researched it a bit from both sources (JW and secular) and this is my conclusion:

It was freakin' lucky for them that WW1 started in 1914 or I don't think this religion would have a leg to stand on.

Also, whatever the calculations, I don't think God is stuck on any one particular doctrine to "prove" who his people are or are not.

I think there's alot of other criteria to take into account.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Interesting. I am in the middle of finding the truth about this myself.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/185863/1/The-607-587-586-B-C-E-Research

• scholar
    scholar

AwSnap

Post 418

I have been researching WT chronology for the last forty years by means of the WT publications and have found that 607 BCE is correct further I have thoroughly examined the date in the light of all available secular evidence and NB chronology and found that there is sufficient support for 607 BCE despite the twenty year gap and the failure to acccommodate the biblical seventy years.

scholar JW

• garyneal
    garyneal

Scholar

Post 1836

On what basis do you find 'sufficient support' for 607 B.C.E.?

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

this was some really great information! Maybe I'll look into it further next year...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Awesnap,

I just posted a letter today that you may find very helpful, as it has the Societies literature as well as other sources that disprove 607. The charts and references are in the end mostly, but there is some in the body of the letter that is critical too.

Here is the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/186747/1/Anniversary-of-our-being-egged-by-JWS-decide-to-show-you-all-the-letter-we-sent-to-200-JW-families-Enjoy

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• scholar
    scholar

garyneal

Post 474

For starters it is the 'seventy year' prophecy of Jeremiah which must be factored into any biblical chronology and is not treated seriously by wordly scholars and apostates.

scholar JW

• garyneal
    garyneal

scholar

Post 1837

Did you watch the video LatinxJW posted on post 22? How do you account for the king's list totally 66 years and the Bible's account of the destruction of Jerusalem happening on the 19th year of Neb's reign?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Scholar
    Post 1837

Ooh, an ad hominem attack on "worldly scholars and apostates"!
    How fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit