For those who researched 607...

by AwSnap 95 Replies latest jw friends

• scholar
    scholar

garyneal

Post 489

There is no accurate list. Scholarship simply cannot provide a reliable list of kings and their reigns for the Neo-Babylonian period. This is because the data from anceint historians is in conflict.

The gap of twenty years is proved by the comparison between secular and biblical chronology and is made evident because of the seventy years which is factored into biblical chronology but omitted by secular chronology.

The acc. year of 624 BCE for Nebuchadnezzer is calculated from the biblical data alone as determined by his destruction of Jerusalem in his 19th year which began the counting of the seventy years.

scholar JW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Post 14431
    The date 607 BCE is not proved by WT publications alone but is proved by what the Bible states as fact which is then expressed in those faithful WT publications.
    scholar JW

Exactly where in the Bible does it talk about 607 BCE?..

No Where!..

You can`t get to that date 607 BCE,without WBT$ "Approved" Information..

LOL!!..

Your not a Scholar..

Your A Bullshit Artist..

With only one colour,to paint with..

WBT$ BullSh*t..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Outlaw

For the past 3 years on this board, I have proven bar none, that I am the best, most well learned apostate of all time... I have consistently proven that everything I say and think is true, because a group of men told me so.

Anyone who believes otherwise is just trying to undermine everyone's faith in me as a credible source of information. After all, god isn't powerful enough preserve anything it seems in an easily referenced form. We have to rely on those YHWH hating Babylonians and Egyptians. Jehovah must hate to have to do that.

Lol. Oh well. Scholar is a mocker and a stalker, but he isn't a teacher, just a leecher (of bullcrap from a cult).

I prefer to get my facts from schoolbooks. Again folks, just go to Barnes and Noble, get a history book, and look it up yourself. Get 3 or 4, thats even better.

Then come back and listen to Scholar tell you how wrong everyone is. Its a great time! Cheers!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw
    For the past 3 years on this board, I have proven bar none, that I am the best, most well learned apostate of all time...
    I have consistently proven that everything I say and think is true, because a group of men told me so.

AND..

You like Molson Canadian Beer!!..

That alone makes you half Canadian..

The closest Scholar will ever get to being Canadian..

Is a Hockey Puck..

Scholar would make a great Hockey Puck..

This is a picture of me and ATJ..

Slapping "Scholar" around on the Ice..

AP Photo/The Gazette, Kevin Kreck

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

scholar is the best and sneakiest fake this board has ever seen. Why anyone actually takes him seriously, is beyond me. I know. Someone lurking may not know he is a fake, so you have to do what you have to do.

I have to admit though, scholar also has one of the best senses of ironic humor I have ever seen.

Farkel

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The only evidence "scholar" needs to establish 607 BCE is this:

Pyramid of CTRussell

...and this:

pyramidology

scholar JW = Pyramidologist

• wobble
    wobble

It is amazing he, ("Scholar") , has the gall to come back with the same stuff,even the same expressions ,that have been blown away on countless other threads.

Just one example, he compares secular chronology with what he terms bible chronology. There is no such thing as bible chronology,as has been pointed out to him Ad Nauseum.

Secular historians do their best to give us accurate dates, and that is all we have, O.K if the Bible refers to the same event i.e the fall of Babylon, we have a point to start from to link other bible events, but all of the dating relies on secular chronology.

I think as usual,dear Farkel has hit thenail on the head, it would seem that Scholars only motive is to deflect newbies and lurkers from the truth about the sham and con trick that is the whole WT teaching.

Love

Wobble

• scholar
    scholar

Farkel

Post 10275

Thanks for the compliment!

scholar JW

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I hope there's not going to be a test on this.

• scholar
    scholar

wobble

Post 1996

Your pretentious claim that 'there is no such thing as Bible chronology' is simply absurd and utter nonsense. Perhaps you should inform Professor Jack Finegan who wrote the book titled Handbook Of Biblical Chronology, 1964,1998, Hendrickson Publishers.

Secular Historians do their very best to give us accurate dates but most if not all ignore the best historical record of all and that is the Bible so their dates are just like your username a 'bit of a wobble'. The wisest course is to pay attention to the historical research by the 'celebrated WT scholars' and everyone would be wiser. A case in point and as you point out correctly is the nomination of the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE as a pivotal date by the celebrated ones. Smart ones aren't they?

My motive is not to convince others but simply to defend biblical teaching as the Truth.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit