For those who researched 607...

by AwSnap 95 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Since Jeremiah was mentioned:

25 The word came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, which was the first year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. 2 So Jeremiah the prophet said to all the people of Judah and to all those living in Jerusalem: 3 For twenty-three years—from the thirteenth year of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah until this very day—the word of the Lord has come to me and I have spoken to you again and again, but you have not listened.

4 And though the Lord has sent all his servants the prophets to you again and again, you have not listened or paid any attention. 5 They said, “Turn now, each of you, from your evil ways and your evil practices, and you can stay in the land the Lord gave to you and your fathers for ever and ever. 6 Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not provoke me to anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you.”

7 “But you did not listen to me,” declares the Lord , “and you have provoked me with what your hands have made, and you have brought harm to yourselves.”

8 Therefore the Lord Almighty says this: “Because you have not listened to my words, 9 I will summon all the peoples of the north and my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon,” declares the Lord , “and I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy a them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin. 10 I will banish from them the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, the sound of millstones and the light of the lamp. 11 This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

12 “But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, b for their guilt,” declares the Lord , “and will make it desolate forever. 13 I will bring upon that land all the things I have spoken against it, all that are written in this book and prophesied by Jeremiah against all the nations. 14 They themselves will be enslaved by many nations and great kings; I will repay them according to their deeds and the work of their hands.”

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower really doesn't care about being consistent, they just want people to believe what they are told to believe with questioning it.

If a JW asks too many questions, or sends too many (or even just one) letters to the WTBS asking questions, then it is held against them for doing so!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Please note this passage:

I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy a them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin. 10 I will banish from them the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, the sound of millstones and the light of the lamp. 11 This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

And notice how He says ...AGAINST ALL THE SURROUND NATIONS....and then finishes...AND THESE NATIONS WILL SERVE THE KING OF BABYLON FOR SEVENTY YEARS.

• Titus
    Titus

These nations started to serve the king of Babylon in 607 BCE.

How so?

Isaiah 14:12-14 “O how you have fallen from heaven, you shining one, son of the dawn! How you have been cut down to the earth, you who were disabling the nations! As for you, you have said in your heart, ‘To the heavens I shall go up. Above the stars of God I shall lift up my throne, and I shall sit down upon the mountain of meeting, in the remotest parts of the north. I shall go up above the high places of the clouds; I shall make myself resemble the Most High.’

How did he (the king of Babylon) resemble the MostHigh? By conquering Jerusalem! How so?

1 Chronicles 29:23 And Sol′o·mon began to sit upon Jehovah’s throne as king in place of David his father and to make a success of it, and all the Israelites were obedient to him.

Jehovah's throne was in Jerusalem, wasn't it? What was Jehovah doing?

Daniel 2:21 He is changing times and seasons, removing kings and setting up kings, giving wisdom to the wise ones and knowledge to those knowing discernment.

When conquered Jersualem, the king of Babylon took up the stance of the one who "remove kings and set up kings".

And that's how all those nations served the king of Babylon for 70 yrs, starting with conquering of Jerusalem.

And before somebody else says that, I'll say that this explanation is biased!

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Oh lordy . Well, I got what I needed out of this thread on pg 1. Ya'll have my permission to let it turn into a debate. I will read all the biased and unbiased references suggested. And to everyone who's sick of the 607/ 587 debate...sorry! All I was askin' is if anyone has had the experience of using the WT literature only to show that 607 is not correct. I wasn't saying it was or it wasn't. get it? Ok, continue...hehe

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

awsnap,

Good luck in your studies, I think that all the help you need is in that link that was posted, the "KISS" one.

• Titus
    Titus

I'm sorry. I didn't even try it. Yeah, I would like to ask the same question. Has anyone tried it?

• bohm
    bohm

AwSnap: If you ask me, please start as many threads ask you like about 607! Plenty of lurkers have exactly the same questions you do, and its a bit of a needle in the haystack kind of problem to find the good stuff. That goes out to you as well Titus, I have read the site you linked to and i think its very interesting, but many of the claims are quite problematic - try to start a couple of threads about some of the things on the thread you find very convincing. By the way - WELCOME!.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Farkel is a farking genius.

• LatinxJW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit