For those who researched 607...

by AwSnap 95 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

hehe, I'm surprised my thread is still going. I thought everything was answered on pgs 1 & 2. I guess I thought wrong.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well, it appears that no matter what, scholar is simply going to just keep repeating himself and directing me to watchtower sources. He hasn't provided a single independent source to validate his assertions.

Frankly, I am at a point to where it really should not matter a whole lot anyway because proponents of the 1914 teaching miss a very important point.

Acts 1:7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Mark 13:32 -- No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

The problem I have with 1914 is that it used to be said that Armageddon would happen that year and when WWI happened, I am sure the Russellites thought they were right. Now the WTS teaches that 1914 was the time of the end and the year Christ began reigning invisibly, but before the late 1920's 1799 was the time of the end and 1874 was the year Christ began reigning invisibly.

What is truly sad is that my dub wife will continue to believe in 1914 so long as there are people like scholar feeding her the information she wants to hear and directing her to Watchtower sources. She will not care that none of the WT chronology is supported by outside sources. Yet, if a pastor dogmatically proclaimed that Christ was born on 12-25, even when presented with books and encyclopedias that say otherwise, my wife would think this guy is off his rocker and simply is trying to believe what he wants. Now flip that back on the WTS concerning 607 BCE and tell me if they don't equally look like they are off their rockers?

People like that remind me of this scripture:

2 Timothy 4:3 -- For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister

There is the perfect article on 607 using the bible and WT literture to disprove in JW recovery mag page 23.

http://jwrecovery.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/JWR-MAG-Fall-2009.pdf

• scholar
    scholar

garyoneal

Post 508

Celebrated WT scholars have an interest in all secular sources because these documents are of value and provide much information for all but in terms of constructing an accurate Bible chronology these resources are either unnecessary or of limited value.

scholar JW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

garyoneal

Post 508

Celebrated WT scholars..

(Thirdwitness & Scholar JW)

have an interest in all secular sources because

these documents are of value and provide much information..

for all but in terms of constructing an accurate Bible chronology

these resources are either unnecessary or of limited value..

scholar JW

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

scholar: "Celebrated WT scholars have an interest in all secular sources because these documents are of value and provide much information for all but in terms of constructing an accurate Bible chronology these resources are either unnecessary or of limited value."

Nothing like ignoring inconvenient facts in order to fabricate Bible chronology that agrees with the pyramid inch measurements of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit