Facebook condemned

by straightshooter 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife told me that at the last meeting, the elders announced that youngsters going to the skateboarding park were no longer to have any privileges in the congregation. This is to prevent jw youngs to be rounded up if a drug raid was made at the skateboarding park.

Also because of individuals requesting that they be friends on Facebook that contain bad pictures, that anyone with a Facebook account will automatically have their privileges removed.

Sounds like the Pharasees protecting the people by adding additional traditions upon them.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

What a bunch of Freeks, Freeks Freeks; wasn’t fun being a Dub.

• dinah
    dinah

Remove their privileges. What a laugh. They still get the "privilege" of field service, right?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Was this info in a KM or a Watchtower or was this just 1 local elder spouting off his thinking?

elder-schmelder

• undercover
    undercover
    ...the elders announced that youngsters going to the skateboarding park were no longer to have any privileges in the congregation. This is to prevent jw youngs to be rounded up if a drug raid was made at the skateboarding park.
    ...because of individuals requesting that they be friends on Facebook that contain bad pictures, that anyone with a Facebook account will automatically have their privileges removed.

This is actually good news in a roundabout way. Go ahead you clueless elders...alienate the young people. Give them a reason to hate you and to want to get away from the oppression and repression. Pretty soon they'll be posting here...

• dinah
    dinah

That's it, Undercover! Can anyone else remember rolling your eyes everytime they would give timely counsel to the young folks? When I was a teen, Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, so they just preached at us about the evils of debasing music which is designed to make you hump anything in sight.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They won't be able to carry a microphone during the Watchtower study. What a Shame, they can sleep through it instead.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I agree with undercover !!

I am very interested in this post because I have a friend (not jw) who is married to a JW and their 18 year old son went and got DUNKED this year. He loves skateboarding and it might wake him up if the elders tell him that he can go skateboarding anymore.

elder-schmelder

• iMARX
    iMARX

Omg haha. I remember when it was MySpace and Bebo that they hated. And the elder called it MyFace!

I can't believe that they're banning them all with the threat of withdrawal of privileges! Where abouts are you Straight shooter? USA?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

lovely!

i hope its a letter re facebook, coz i just told my son to question why religions or governments try to control their subjects use of the internet.

As, for facebook Jw sites, i have noticed a big slowdown on the discussion pages lately.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit