Facebook condemned

by straightshooter 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

my dad and I would laught when they mentioned 'privilege' ..."it's a privilege to clean a toilet' ... What the FUCK? Can't believe i bought into that shit. Now I don't buy into anything!!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

my dad and I would laught when they mentioned 'privilege' ..."it's a privilege to clean a toilet' ... What the FUCK? Can't believe i bought into that shit. Now I don't buy into anything!!!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    All they are going to do is force people into having double lives.

Yes, leading double lives makes the followers feel guilty (at least those it doesn't drive away), which gives the organization leverage to control them. Guilty secrets are a great way to magnify an inferiority complex, thus making followers more sheep-like. This policy is a control strategy that operates on many different levels!

• lancelink
    lancelink

hey, how can people on this site be facebook friends ?

I'm kinda new at it, educate, or pm me.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I sent you a PM, lancelink.

Same here, my wife is still fairly young and she is stubborn and bullheaded and does not like people telling her what she can and cannot do. She's even admitted to this. My daughter is very little and is already beginning to assert herself and think. If the WTS continues to ratchet the control over them like this, they will (hopefully) see the light.
    My wife so bad wants to be in the bOrg and right now she sees my 'opposition' as validation that they are right. I think she is doing this to spite me as she currently sees me as 'the enemy.' I think I am just going to lay off questioning her on her beliefs and let her have just enough rope to hang herself with it. If she gets baptized at the next assembly (as she told me today she might do) it will be interesting to see how she responds to the high control they are going to place on her.

garyneal, I forget what Combatting Mind Control Cults had to say about the matter, so I'm not sure what your tactic should be. But I do know that beginning the opposition plays right into the dubs' hands, so don't do that...

• garyneal
    garyneal

SirNose,

I am ordering that book right now, as for now I am laying off the whole thing. I was trying to get her to think but I see now that she simply refuses to believe that the society can be wrong about anything.

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

This has to be a very localized thing because every day I see JW friends' recent activity showing that they are now friends with even more JWs. Some of them are in the circuit and district work too, so it can't be a Watchtower mandate. Instead of cutting back, it seems that the active JWs are getting more involved with Facebook.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    it seems that the active JWs are getting more involved with Facebook

well well well!! seems the WTS is gonna be busy herding cats!!
    "don't let anyone tell you it's easy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

• Heaven
    Heaven

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet,

Dinah, you crack me up! Thanks.

• moshe
    moshe

If I was a teenager, I would be happy to lose the privilege of doing those dorky talks in the Theo-Craptic ministry school over having a Facebook/Myspace page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit