Facebook condemned

by straightshooter 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Org expands it's area of authority by slipping these comments into CO remarks, convention lectures and other "back channel" communication with the little people. This gives them the desired control without having to go on the official printed record where it can be challenged for Biblical backing. It is almost always the tactic used when trying to fine tune the rank and file to conform to the personal opinions of the Governing Body. In the case of Facebook, it is just another example of the Watchtower internet paranoia.

This is an odious cult.

• chickpea
    chickpea

would you like a great big
    steaming plate of crap or
    would you like a life?...

tough choice: privileges or FB?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Sounds like local elders getting their panties in a wad. This isn't a direct edict from the Vatican Service Dept, but as we all know, it doesn't have to be. Local elders can be real bafoons. Keep up the good work there.

• loosie
    loosie

I just added 2 Jw friends this week. Hmmm. I get the feeling I will outted soon.

• Mary
    Mary
    My wife told me that at the last meeting, the elders announced that youngsters going to the skateboarding park were no longer to have any privileges in the congregation. This is to prevent jw youngs to be rounded up if a drug raid was made at the skateboarding park.

Oh brother

I think this is actually a good thing. The youth are already leaving in record numbers, and with idiots like this particular Pharisee elder spouting off what he personally thinks is right and wrong, the young ones are more likely to say "get stuffed" and go and do it anyway. It has a dominos effect:

1. There's already little enough for the Witness youth to do.
    2. So they go skateboarding since the Borg can't pin "paganism" on it (yet).
    3. It's considered "bad" by the local bozos and they condemn it from the platform.
    4. Many Witness youths see nothing wrong with it so they continue to go.
    5. They lose their 'privileges' in the congregation and will probably be marked as 'rebellion'.
    6. Other kids' won't be allowed to hang around them as they're considered 'spiritually weak'.
    7. The kids who go stakeboarding naturally will look for friendship outside the religion, because worldly kids don't condemn you for something so stupid as skateboarding.
    8. They realize that 'worldly' kids are not necessarily the Spaw of Satan afterall and start questioning the authority of the WTS
    9. They leave the Organization

Keep going Watchtower. Keep coming up with newer and stupider rules so that ALL they youth end up leaving. Your own actions are far more responsible for those leaving the Organization than what Crisis of Conscience ever was.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Ummm, excusssse me Palmtree....only ONE of my dogs is the devil . Anybody else wanna be my buddy on Facebook? You wont be as cool as Palmtree though

• Scully
    Scully

All they are going to do is force people into having double lives. They will still have Facebook and MySpace accounts, they just won't be visible to anyone except people they know are doing the same thing.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I agree with Scully

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Mary, you've nailed it. My sister is still in the Borg, but has a Facebook account. It's under a pseudonym so she can't be punished for it. I hope they just keep ratcheting the control ever higher on these kids...

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I hope they just keep ratcheting the control ever higher on these kids...

Same here, my wife is still fairly young and she is stubborn and bullheaded and does not like people telling her what she can and cannot do. She's even admitted to this. My daughter is very little and is already beginning to assert herself and think. If the WTS continues to ratchet the control over them like this, they will (hopefully) see the light.

My wife so bad wants to be in the bOrg and right now she sees my 'opposition' as validation that they are right. I think she is doing this to spite me as she currently sees me as 'the enemy.' I think I am just going to lay off questioning her on her beliefs and let her have just enough rope to hang herself with it. If she gets baptized at the next assembly (as she told me today she might do) it will be interesting to see how she responds to the high control they are going to place on her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit