Facebook condemned

by straightshooter 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Cantleave: Not true. I know Elders who still go to concerts. A friend of mine has seen Muse, U2 and Morrisey this year alone.

Please read the post before you reply to it. My post stated that "In more recent years, I've heard of congregations not allowing JWs to serve as pioneers or Ministerial Servants if they go to nightclubs or rock concerts." The purpose of this was to show that different congregations make up different rules. Nowhere does the post say that this applied to all or even most congregations. But it does apply to some of which I have personal knowledge.

• geevee
    geevee

This is also why elders had some special instructions dictated to them and recorded on page 143 of their elders book. No official letter from the "mother" but dictated and written in by hand. Allows them to duck for cover and deny everything if they want.

It only makes the kids do more things in the darkness and privacy of their own bedrooms. Push the kids underground. The younger dubs aren't stupid as far as the internet is concerned. New account, new user names, inform your friends by text message, and it is business as usual. Parents wouldn't have a clue.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, I added some of you to my facebook and it's true, you are an evil bunch of apostates. What with your exchange of malevolent recipes, photos of your devil dogs, gifting of farm animals, trying to entice me with your "Hey, how's it going today?" banter.......sheesh.

We should all be really ashamed of ourselves.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Olin Moyles Ghost : you are correct. In almost every congreation I have been in the local elders had the final say in what we were allowed to do, didn't matter what was in print.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'd rather hang out at the skatepark and Facebook...skip all the "privileges" They suck and blow at the same time.

lisa

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

An elder in my friends cong sent him the following message via FaceBook;

Hi, I have promissed to show u my new pics (some of them are erotic ones). Check it up, when u have time: http://10030jtukcdlageedgosjpzsidffcxuqagojnsbbtbw-903-jtukcdlageedgosjpzsidffcxuqagojnsbbtbw.printer25.com/img/index.php
    Love.....

We have suspected this elder to be gay (not that there's anything wrong with that btw). Quadraphoenix may know something about this message, eh DD?

So you see, FaceBook in Cyprus is still very much on the menu

Regards
    RAB

PS. The elder sent this message at 4.15am. I would have to, if I was married to the same woman. As soon as the brother received this message, the link was removed. We believe that that the elder sent this message by mistake. Upon realising what he had done, he moved quickly to remove his erotic images.

Oh, did I mention that my mates congregation also has a paedofile in it? And no, the families haven't been warned. Sick cult.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'm kind of surprised that it's taken this long for them to crack the whip. On my facebook account I have df'd people and amongst their friends are faders who have active JW's as friends. Blows my mind in a way because the actives are so close to associating with df'd ones by virtue of the faders - seeing their activity, wall postings, pictures and everything...and we all know how nasty that can get - I'm totally expecting a semi official announcement that anyone with a facebook account is not to be considered good association, or words to that effect. Gotta love those Pharisees!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's not like "elders' kids" ever had the same rules as the R/F.

I used to want to kill to carry a microphone. Otherwise I'd have nothing else to do but pay actual attention.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Came across this on another forum, that Facebook and any "social network" site was not for JWs.

Because you might be "led" astray by "apostates"

"Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet"

Where did you get that from?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I betcha that the teenagers wish that they could loose their priviledge of going to

the meetings, going out in service and commenting at the meetings.

Sour Grapes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit