Are the Dubbers still preaching the end is very close?

by dogon 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

We use to joke around and use the line from Danny DeVeto on Romancing the Stone where he is asking Michael Dougless when he is coming back, soon very soon as a way to make fun of the believers who would keep telling us on stage the end was soon very soon. They started this after the 75 and 2000 failure. What are they saying now?

• JWoods
    JWoods

MOSS. End is now sooner than ever before.

• dissed
    dissed

"Brothers, the end is soooooo close, and trust me on this, I've been serving JG for many years. That you can almost smell the rotting bodies of Armageddon."

- Any brother on a CA platform

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's as near as the door.

Check back with us in a year for another update. Then again. Then again. Then again.

Shake well, then announce that it happened invisibly?

• undercover
    undercover

As heard from a family member after the District Convetion this past summer:

"They told us that we're not in the last days...we're in the last hours!"

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Very close... Closer... The closest ever!!!

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

All the time!!!

DY

• cantleave
    cantleave

I heard a classic yesterday. A special pioneer in her early 70's brought up in the cult talking about youth.

"I didn't want to waste my time on a future in this system so I have spent my life in the pioneer service. I say to young people today to do the same and they won't even have to serve Jehovah for 1 decade in this system".

So I asked her did she expect to serve for over 6 decades when shw started pioneering? She looked really puzzled and said " no - the end of this system was so close, but of course its 60 years closer now".

I fouind it so hard to keep a straight face.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Absolutely, just as they've been doing for decades, along with it is therefore important for all people to get

close to his earthly organization to reveal timely information to the flock. This is probably the most notable marketing strategy

to keep people in a fearful frame of mind and to get the circulation of their literature out to the public. Not only that but

this kind of information works to attracts its own attention and thats exactly what you want as a producer and publisher of books..

I don't know if people are aware of the fact that people such as J Rutherford built himself up his own little kingdom,

which created his indentured power, prestige and wealth.

It seems the WTS has done a good job of covering up this fact along with C Russell's ambivalent stupidity and ignorance

involving 1914 ( Pyramidology ) I guess whatever it is that brought in the power and the money in the first place you treat

it with a degree of honorable respect.

• blondie
    blondie

They are into the toenails of the image in Daniel.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

now only are the JW's, but many others as well, all religions that believe in an end time, are all teaching it's very close now.

I'm under 30, and I've seen the whole world conditions rapidly decline since 97

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit