Are the Dubbers still preaching the end is very close?

by dogon 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• geevee
    geevee

Hypnotism:

1) Bypassing the critical factor of the conscious mind

2) The giving of acceptable suggestions

I have studied this and it is true. Once a dub thinks about getting ready to go to the meeting, the critcal factor is bypassed. Let alone sit there and have it bored to sleep via the meeting program. The prayer is the same...exactly the same as a group hypnotherapy session, the song deepens the trance and away you go. You can be in hypnosis with your eyes open. Add to that concentrating, note taking, participation.... the trance gets deeper and deeper...

• Quandry
    Quandry

So I asked her did she expect to serve for over 6 decades when shw started pioneering? She looked really puzzled and said " no - the end of this system was so close, but of course its 60 years closer now".

That is just sad.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

"we're in the last days of the last days"

• steve2
    steve2

I was an active JW in the 1970s when apocalyptic fervour was bursting out of almost every religion.

One crazy but crafty guy wrote a book with the eye-catching title "The Late Great Planet Earth" which proved - by $$$ sales alone - that millions of deluded suckers are born every minute.

Each generation struggles with its own mortality and need for comfort by deluding itself into believing that this is a special time to be alive. Talk about misplaced hubris.

Meanwhile, the previous End of the World signs gather dust in their decades of disuse - as do the disillusioned lunatics who once confidently carried the signs around the streets.

• glenster
    glenster

The end has begun to end and will end ending when the first of the last days
    lasts until everyone, but not everyone of everyone, will see them as signs of
    the Lord, but not in the sense of seeing because he's invisible and not in the
    sense of knowing because most of them will not know--most will see him in the
    sense of not seeing or knowing but some will know that we know what we see when
    we say blessed is he that knows without seeing.

Everyone who literally sees and knows shares the light but not entirely be-
    cause a literal God sent a figurative god of a literal Bible who only shines his
    figurative light on a literal committee that comprises a figurative Council of
    Jerusalem of a literal 144,000, and it keeps growing even for us so we only have
    enough figurative light to read our literal figures and make predictions that
    aren't prophesies. When our predictions will be prophesies we don't know and
    wouldn't predict, but any day now it will be too late because all we'll be able
    to do is look backwards at our foresight.

Don't be tempted to research this to check on it. Elder berries. Leave it to
    us, because you don't have the light so you can't look, you can just read in the
    darkness that we're the ones to write about it because we know how much life to
    remove from your meat and glow with a figurative light you can see. But you
    won't see that in the sense of those of the world who see the signs of the world
    to come but don't see they probably won't live in it, but in the sense of those
    who won't live in the world and probably won't go to heaven--that only those who
    live to be ruled by us forever can come to know what it means to be the dead of
    the world without end.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, with their current explanation of "this generation", we can conclude that we have been in the Last Days and the end has been very close since 33CE.

Now that nearly 2000 years has passed since the start of the Last Days, it seems reasonable for right-hearted individuals to conclude that the end is indeed very close.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I'm under 30, and I've seen the whole world conditions rapidly decline since 97

Well, others have already pointed this out so I will only add to it that I am under 40 and I have seen the world rapidly decline since 1987 (you know when the stock market crashed). Hmmmm, wait a minute, the world has been declining since around 1977 (you know the oil crisis and stagflation).

Um, hold on, what about 1927? The late 20's the stock market crashing in 29, the great depression of the 30's following.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Thetrueone- rapid declines/changes since 97 - School safety and shootings (I NEVER feared of school violence while a kid and I moved around a lot and had been in areas which NOW would not feel safe. The columbine shootings started a downfall there.

- Extreme family violence - I remember as a kid when up north, 2 JW teens killed their parents and younger brother while they slept with an ax, and have seen family violence and murders become daily news

- homosexuality - it was not broadcast and in movies and tv anything like now

- Video game violence - I remember when Mortal Kombat for Sega came out, and there were news reports and tons of parents and organizations in strong opposition against that game, because it was a fighting game showing graphic. Now that game would be considered rated G probably.

- weather extremes / seasons off / etc - the weather was very normal and predictable each year, mild, and seasons in place. Having spring and flowers bloom in northern states in January, etc, never happened when I was kid. What's interesting is that in book of jubilees it foretold this occuring in the time of the end.

- natural diasters - past 5 years, let alone 10 years, records of these have been broke since recorded history of the said events (since 1800's)

- divorce - I believe as a kid, it was perhaps 50% or less, it's probably 90%+ now?

Those are a few things that stick out in my mind. My saying I'm under 30, I think these are significant to have occured in the past 10 years, which is a very short period of time, for such major changes on such a wide scale.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They had the alarm clock illustration. They were mentioning that, sometimes just before an alarm clock goes off, you can hear a slight click (that will not work with today's digital alarm clocks). They said that we were in that "click"--and that was back in the period just before 1975.

I guess the alarm didn't go off. And, so they will try again--with exactly the same results.

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

EOM are you serious

So let me get this right your list is:

Violence in schools, violence between families, homosexuality, violent video game, wacky wheather conditions and a high divorce rate.All in the Last 10 years.

VS

My list

The Black Plague (Estimated 200,000,000 people dead) 14th -17th cent , WW1 (37,000,000 + dead, wounded or missing) 1913-14 and WW11 (Estimated 60,000,000 dead wounded or missing) 1938-45

Do you realize the scope of a world war honestly, in your life time you haven't seen a thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit