Are the Dubbers still preaching the end is very close?

by dogon 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Of course! They always have and always will. Like Undercover, I've heard JWs say things like "we're in the last minutes of the last days" and the like.

But when you observe the way many JWs are actually living you begin to question how much they really believe it...lots of Witnesses buying nice houses, nice cars, going to college, etc. At least that's what I've observed in the U.S. among the 20-40 year old crowd.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

The buzz word used at this year’s district convention (in every 2 nd talk) was that the end is not close, “it’s imminent!”

So, you guessed it, at every lunch break all you can hear was the robots saying “I’ve never heard them use the word imminent before, we must be close!”

One of my self-righteous super spiritual facade family members was going into overdrive over the word imminent being used, and it means we are on the verge of the big A! She kept trying to give me the guilt lecture over being inactive and not going to meetings anymore “but Mattieu, the end is imminent!” That was until I mentioned to her if she really believed it, she would give up her material way of life and start pioneering immediately in view of the imminent events......

5 Months later and she is still not pioneering, though keeps using the word imminent and raving about how close to the end we are....

Mattieu.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think the majority of JWS partly recognize there is manipulation going on along with a real belief within themselves.

It would be fair to say that it varies from one witness to another.

When you look at it they have always got themselves a endless commodity that they can continue to resell,

such as troubles around the world, earthquakes, famine, lawlessness etc. etc.

They might be able to exploit this into continuum.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I'm under 30, and I've seen the whole world conditions rapidly decline since 97

ummm .....care to elaborate a little on that statement EOM ?

What are your reasons for such an assumption ?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    now only are the JW's, but many others as well, all religions that believe in an end time, are all teaching it's very close now.

...And they've all been saying it for a very long time now...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Armageddon has been no more than 5 or 10 years away....

...for the last 130 years......or 2000 years depending on how you read the Bible.

om

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think other religions have come to realize the marketability of " The End "

Jack Van Impe has been on this band wagon for awhile now selling a huge amounts of DVD/CD creating

great wealth for himself. The Mormons have recently turned up the proselytizing of the end times to take advantage

of the economic troubles and uncertainly, such as 9-11 etc. you name it.

Armageddon is the carrot at the end of the stick that the WTS waves in front of all their members, it sells literature and keeps the

flock in control.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    I'm under 30, and I've seen the whole world conditions rapidly decline since 97

And you've seen so much of mankind's history at your ancient age.

You didn't live through the Carter Depression, or the Cuban Missile Crisis, and you were 14 during the threat of WWIII when Sadaam was shooting missiles into Tel Aviv, I guess you didn't realize the significance of that.

But none of this matters anyway, conditions during the Dark Ages make life pretty much anywhere on the planet today look like a day at Disney World and we aren't likely to see a return to the Dark Ages.

• Marni Mai
    Marni Mai

Apparently it's imminent - just as imminent as it was in the early/mid 90s (I was never going to finish primary school apparently), just as imminent as it was in 1999 (oh no *gasp* the year 2000), even more imminent that it was after 9-11 (which my family were convinced was the beginning of the big A).

Next they'll say it's coming in 2012, no wait, surely before 2015, definitely by 2020, the world can't keep going until 2025! 2030! 2040! 2050! 2060! 2075!!!!!!!!! Sell your houses, buy tinned food!!! lol

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It makes you wonder why is it that there are so many people buying into this convoluted bullshit ?

Its like they cant see the trees forsake of the forest.

I do think that in regards to proclamations like this people shut off their critical

thinking skills because its the righteousness of god speaking to them therefore one should only listen but dare not analyze the information.

This what makes mind control and religion synonymous with one and another and its the reason why religions like this grow

to the extant they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit