The Resurection Hope Was Comforting....What Comfort Do You Now Have?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't have some false hope for those that lose someone. I give the same consolation that any unreligious people have, the same consolation that JW's will often give to "worldly" relatives who have lost a loved one. I offer my condolences and offer to "be there" for them. ("Being there" means different things depending on our relationship- I could help them move or lend a listening ear.)

It isn't up to me to give some religious/philosophical plan to comfort someone. There is no need to say "He's in a better place" or "We will see him again in the resurrection." Comfort, not hope is offered for the living.

Not knowing for a fact what happens at death, but being pretty sure that the dead are dead never to live again, can actually make you appreciate this life more.

• Gregor
    Gregor

...being pretty sure that the dead are dead never to live again, can actually make you appreciate this life more.

You said it, Bra !

• agonus
    agonus

Never forget that you're one of the lucky ones, Gregor. Even in developped countries, not everyone has those luxuries.

The rest stand back and ask "Why? When is it my turn?"

Enter the Watchtower...

• agonus
    agonus

This board, right now, is as comforting for me as anything the WT ever had to offer.

• agonus
    agonus

"In all our travels... the only thing we ever found that made the emptiness bearable... was each other."

Contact, 1997

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: What Comfort Do You Now Have?

A.: I find meatloaf and mashed potatoes very comforting, or a nice Spagetti Monster and cheese casserole.

• B-Rock
    B-Rock
    About the only hope I can find comfort in right now, minimus, is that the democratic congress is going to reform health-care with a robust public option. If I didn't have that, I think I'd probably just shoot myself.

You poor pathetic thing. Did you snivel a little bit as you were writing that?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

My comfort is now knowing that whatever is going to happen is going to happen.

1) If we're going to return to dust then that's what we'll do.

2) If we're going to turn into something else then that's what we'll do.

3) If we're going to go to a spiritual place and be with God well, that's what we'll do.

4) If we're going to go to a place of torture, you guessed it, that's what we'll do.

5) If we're going to be resurrected then that's what we'll do.

I take comfort in not worrying about it anymore. I stopped letting others tell me what I need to do to effect some kind of outcome that they think will happen.

I DON'T GIVE A SH*T

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit