The Resurection Hope Was Comforting....What Comfort Do You Now Have?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

"TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK'S 2001: RESURRECT THE DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER"

;)

• agonus
    agonus

"TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK'S 2001: RESURRECT THE DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER"

;)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The ressurection never played much of a role in my beliefe system.

I tend to focus on the here and now and less on what may be.

The future is what Hope and faith is for, the present deals with love and to me is far more important.

Do what is right NOW, love NOW and the future will take care of itself.

• VIII
    VIII

Why do so many people want to see dead relatives? I'm curious.

Seriously. Why is seeing someone who was old, ill, etc., so all consuming to JWs and, apparently, Ex-JWs?

As I noted in my response, I honestly don't want to see *any* of my dead relatives. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I have accepted that they are D-E-A-D and aren't coming back. I am not going to heaven and I am not ever going to see them again. For that, I am happy.

So, why is this such an all consuming issue with this Cult? Why is thinking that you'll hug Grumpy, Smelly Grampy so appealing?

Please explain. Someone. Anyone. Or, I'll start a new thread.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I think it's better to find comfort in the here and now, to accept death as it appears, and focus on the living.

Get comfort from memories of good times, how much someone contributed to you, you to them.

Is something more needed?

Perhaps we can start believing in Santa Claus? ;-)

• agonus
    agonus

The Paradise Earth hope is more concrete for those who find the hope of heaven too nebulous. I understand that. Some of my loved ones have lost their parents too early and this is their biggest motivation.

But what I TOTALLY don't get... even from the die-hards... is when they talk with hushed excitement about the future "education work" in the new system...

I mean, come on, give up everything in this life that brings me joy to spend my life preaching so I can be rewarded with... an eternity of preaching?

What is WRONG with this picture?!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm curious.

So am I, VIII.

I'm dying (almost) to see what the first couple looked like.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Now, we don't accept this.

Christians believe in the Resurrection.

BTS

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

while debate may rage over resurection and heaven etc, stopping believing the JW does not mean you have to stop believing in God, the bible or whatever.

for me:

I dont hold to any future existence as a hope. I beleive what we have now is more important than anything. I have seen friends and family pass away and the message i take from that and discuss with my friends involved is live now.Life is short so make it the best you can and take nothingor nobody for granted.

i am happy this way

Oz

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Christians believe in the Resurrection.

Burns,

I've attempted to make this argument. I was unable to break through the WT-inspired misconceptions. Good luck!

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit