The Resurection Hope Was Comforting....What Comfort Do You Now Have?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Every Baptist I know says they're going to heaven. The point is NO religion teaches that when you die you come back to live forever on a paradise earth. Most JWs I know do not want to go to heaven even if earth were a first destination, like The Russelites (I believe) taught.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m comforted in the fact..

A lot of AssH*les wil never be back..

Some people should stay dead..

Although it`s not like they have a choice..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW, I know you have only kindness in your .

• pat1060
    pat1060

Since you asked,a good question by the way....I'm still new at this fading.I still think like a jw.I still want to believe in the earthly hope.Resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.I'm still confused and serching......

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe "Paradise" is in heaven.

• pat1060
    pat1060

So many scriptures about the earth,how are they explained...

• minimus
    minimus

Jesus said You will be with me in Paradise. Jesus was not going to reside on the earth.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The point behind Min's question was very sound.

I had always had a comforting hope that my Mother would come back to me in the Ress.. (Dad was never a Witness so I held out little hope for him ! ) But one of the first crushing disappointments that I had was to realise that, like the New World, the Earthly Ress (a la Jehovah's Witness teaching ) was a crock of you-know-what..

Now, just what can you say to comfort the bereaved? I have not got a strong theology to be able to be convinced of a heavenly afterlife, or what form such a life might take ..

I guess that is something we lost when we abandoned our dub beliefs . I have not replaced them with a sure hope yet..

• VIII
    VIII

I have not read anyone's response. So, here is what *I* thought:

As a JW kid I had some mean-ass relatives. Seriously. They were not the nicest people. I always (as a brain-dead JW) thought living forever would be fun, as long as I was perfect and looked like one of the gals on TV or in a magazine. You know--smokin'. Otherwise, what was the point?

On to the Resurrection and my mean-ass relatives. None of them were worthy of being resurrected in my opinion. And I was a kid. I was less than 18 years old and I realized that if *I* were God Jehovah, I would pass on them. They were pieces of shit.

So, why would I want them resurrected? Why would I want to live forever with a bunch of mean SOBs? Forever is a long time and spending forever with people you saw on weekends and on holidays seemed like forever in hell.

That started my downward spiral to being an Apostate. Seriously. I never thought any of them, or many in the KH we attended deserved to be resurrected.

So, when I left and faded, I didn't worry about that. I was never *Comforted* by it and when I hear my mother and aunts talk about it now, honestly, I want to throw up and tell them that So and So was a POS and God wouldn't resurrect them if he had a gun to his head.

Just my opinion.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Minimus,

Simply put, it's both: Heaven and (then eventually) Earth.

Upon death, the soul goes to Heaven, waiting for the time when a New Earth is created. At this time, their soul will be placed into a new body on this New Earth.

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit