The Theocratic Ministry School OVERSEER bits off more than he can chew

by HappyGuy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I distinctly remember the last talk I gave. I had been on the school for something like 20 years. I was 30 something, 35 maybe. It was a talk in the "back" school. Everyone in the room was someone I had known most of my life. I am a naturally born speaker, so for me giving a talk was just another day. Anyway, we had a new school OVERSEER who I had never spoken to before, I think he was new to the Kingdom Hall. This guy was a real piece of work, I think he thought that he was a Konzentrationslager-Vorarbeiter.

Anyway, remember the points we had to work on? I had given so many talks and I am such a natural born speaker I didn't even know what point I was working on. Anyway, I give my talk and then the brother wants to "counsel" me on some esoteric aspect of one of the points I was working on. I didn't know what point I was working on and I started to explain that "Brother XXXX, I have been giving talks for over 20 years..." and the Konzentrationslager-Vorarbeiter cut me off in mid sentence and screamed at me "I DON"T CARE HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN GIVING TALKS". There were children in the room and everyone in the room was my friend and I held up my hand and said "Brother XXXX, I don't know who you are used to dealing with but if you speak to me like that again we are going to go outside and finish this conversation, I'm not going to be berated and what is wrong with you that you act like that in front of children"? With that I left the room and so did everyone who did not have a talk to give. LOL

Needless to say I was removed from the THEOCRATIC Ministry School by the Konzentrationslager-Vorarbeiter.

• minimus
    minimus

HG, you sound like a guy who's pretty sure of himself. I'm sure you're excellent.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think you graduated.

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol at happyguy. Bet it was a relief being taken off.

You have just reminded me I am still on TMS. Unfortunately all the assignment slots are taken up until March, and all the talks I had been allocated are for Elders / Servants so they have to reassign mine to "qualified" brothers. I was asked if I would be willing to stand in at short notice for the No3 assignments by the Schools overseer and I said I would, but I have only been to 1 meeting since then, so if he has any sense he sould have given up on me.

• Gayle
    Gayle

No wonder you're the "HappyGuy."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Nowadays, the bros are only supposed to give commendation from the platform and counsel privately afterward.

No matter how you slice it, the "Spiritual Paradise" is chock full of dipwads, most of whom are running the show.

• Nathan Natas
  • yesidid
    yesidid

Seems you're not happy about a lot of things Happyguy, but you sure seem very happy with yourself.

y

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

yesidid,

I am very happy. I just call things like I see them.

Are you not happy with yourself?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Power placed into certain men's hands can be vicariously annoying when they over abuse it.

There were a few that I remember who were Theocratic assholes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit