The Theocratic Ministry School OVERSEER bits off more than he can chew

by HappyGuy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    20 years of public speaking and you were still giving talks in the 2nd school?? Wow, you must have been a sh*t hot speaker.

The elders were upset with me because I made an issue out of the parking scam, I told off a CO for raising $100,000 from the congregations in our city to buy a new RV and truck that he did not need while an elderly sister was homeless because her old shack of a house burned down and I thought the CO could go a few more years with his ONE year old RV and truck and give the money to the sister instead, I went to James Island for Hurricane relief and they took us to a rich brother's house and had us clearing trees off of his 100 acres and I said "I didn't come up here to be a ranch hand on the Ponderosa, I came up here to help people in real need, I'm going to go find some people to help" and the elders told me I couldn't do that and I just laughed and started walking toward an area we had passed where there were houses with trees in the living rooms and I helped an elderly lady get the tree out of her living room. The elders tried to 'scold' me for leaving 'the arrangement' when they caught up with me a few days later and I told them they didn't have any power over me and I would do as I pleased. Well, there were other reasons, but you get the idea.

• besty
    besty
    I am a naturally born speaker....I am such a natural born speaker

Can you see why starting a new topic about how cool you are - and including the 2 winning phrases above - might lead some to believe you are full of shit, and that other elements of your story and all your future posts may be 'at risk' in the court of public opinion?

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

besty,

feel free to ignore my posts from now on then

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree
    20 years of public speaking and you were still giving talks in the 2nd school?? Wow, you must have been a sh*t hot speaker.

thinkin the same thing meself

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    thinkin the same thing meself

Aren't you afraid that you will hurt yourself if you start thinking after all this time?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maybe if you got out more and had some friends you could understand how friends would stick up for each other.

I've found that many who were raised as JWs have little understanding of what true friendship - true brotherhood is. That's one thing that hit me like a ton of bricks soon after I joined the JWs at 25. If I had been in a similar situation, and if I had some of my old "worldly" friends in the audience I wouldn't have had to invite the guy outside. My friends would have stood up and beaten his ass right there and then.

Judging by my own experience with the JWs I have no reason to doubt any of your experience. I had a few elders start arguments with me in public, and they always left humiliated. Not because I'm a good speaker, but because I never back down when I know I'm right.

In every hall I was in it was common practice to have experienced speakers in the second school. It's called rotation.

W

• Heaven
    Heaven

Can you feel the 'love'?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

maybe I'm being a little judgemental,

Yup you are

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

the elders told me I couldn't do that and I just laughed and started walking toward an area we had passed where there were houses with trees in the living rooms and I helped an elderly lady get the tree out of her living room. The elders tried to 'scold' me for leaving 'the arrangement'

This is virtually what happened to me after Hurricane Ivan. After putting a roof on a Pensacola area we were dispatched to repair his (unoccupied) rental houses so he could take advantage of the fact that rents had tripled since the storm.

I said that I would only work on homes that were occupied and got "the arrangement" speech. I later found that they BILLED the Brothers for my donated time. Billed me at a rate that included Worker Comp which we never received.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Make that a "Pensacola area Elder's house"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit