The Theocratic Ministry School OVERSEER bits off more than he can chew

by HappyGuy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

watson,

aww the love

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Love it, but what the hell is a Konzentrationslager-Vorarbeiter?

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    Love it, but what the hell is a Konzentrationslager-Vorarbeiter?

I would have thought that as an x JW you would be quite familiar with the titles in the NAZI party:

Konzentrationslager-Vorarbeiter = concentration camp overseer

• carla
    carla

I have a side question if you don't mind, all these years and I have always wondered why you guys say "I had been on the school"? Most of you say 'on' the school, what do you mean by that? Isn't it an odd way to put it? Just meaning that you were 'on' to speak or what?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"

screamed at me "I DON"T CARE HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN GIVING TALKS".

No excuse for that...and I am not going to call you a liar since I was not there..Some power struck overseers can, we know be jerks.

I was a school overseer and I have found constructive points of counsel for even the best, most experienced speakers. That is why the overseer is there and why we all joined the school ...

All history now though

• Robert7
    Robert7

I have found that situations are a blessing in disguise... basically elders helping you fade! I had a crazy elder who took away the few priviladges I had. like reading and saying prayer at book study, (because of too low service time), to the point where I had no more skin in the game. It just made missing meetings that much easier!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope half the congregation leaves the cancer because of this incident.

• logic
    logic

Happy guy, I believe you, I have been in similar situations, just not the school. My problem with

the school was when they talked me into joining the school after I had been inactive for a very

long time. They just kept giving me the kid talks for a couple of years (when I was younger I gave

the public talks ) . I finally went to the elder and told him to take me off, and he asked why,

I told him the truth, that I had enough of being treated like I was inexperienced . I never had

any points I had to work on. I told him to give all the younger ones the experience and most

of the olders definitely needed work. We had the worse speakers I have ever seen. Some

people just never learn to speak in public

As far as the fighting goes I myself will not tolerate anyone getting in my face like that, and I had

my face rearanged a few times because of it.

• scotsman
    scotsman

20 years of public speaking and you were still giving talks in the 2nd school?? Wow, you must have been a sh*t hot speaker.

• RR
    RR

When I resigned my position, I specifically told the body that the only thing I was going to do was field service, which was my God given right to give and be a witness. I kicked the bookstudy out of my home, I refused to be an attendant and told them I will no longer be on the TMS. I don't think they took me seriously, the very next Sunday, one of the elders tapped me on the shoulder, extended the mic to me for the Watchtower study, and in front of everyone I fold my hands and sai "I don't do that anymore!" and sat back down. A few weeks later I got an assignment on the TMS and never prepared or even looked at it. The day came and I was introduced, I stood up and askedthe elder in front of everyone, "What part of my resignation letter did you not understand?" He was embarrassed to say the least.

I was one of those individuals who was prepared for everything. I was the substitute man, I could give a talk on any subject no matter how much short notice I was given. We left the congregation and the School overseer tried to enroll me onto the school and I simply told him, "I'm taking a break" he called me spiritually weak for not giving talks, I asked him for scriptural support for his statement, he had none of course. The overseer (who was a bethelite) also called me spiritually weak because I did not comment at the meetings (I just sat there and read my Bible). I smiled and walked away. We lasted a few months and we left and never went back, that was 1992, I've seen the inside of a Kingdom only about a handful of time. ONce for a funeral, and a few times to make deliveries, as a Kingdom Hall was on a route I use to deliver too.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit