The Theocratic Ministry School OVERSEER bits off more than he can chew

by HappyGuy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I remember when I was the householder for an 11 year old girl giving her first talk in the second school.

The topic of the talk was not something that would normally be brought up in conversation, so to make it more realistic she had the setting that I was her JW aunt and she wanted some advice on an answer she had prepared for her school teacher who had (conveniently) asked her a question about that topic. I helped her with the talk and we practised many times before the big night.

Well on the night she gave the talk beautifully and got the round of applause she deserved being her first talk. Then the dipstick school overseer gets up, says something mundane about it being her first talk, then proceeds to tell her that 'we as an audience' got nothing out of that talk because it wasn't related to field service. She was counselled that she should have chosen a setting that was field service related and the householder should not have been a jw but a 'worldly' person.

I was seething and I tell you it took all my self control not to get up in front of that small group and call him the +@#+ that he was and then walk out.

This same school overseer would give you a mini quiz before the meeting to see if you had actually read the guidebook on the point you were working on that night. I had been giving talks since I was 7 years old and so had worked through numerous counsel slips from start to finish. Well one time I gave a talk in his second school when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, still working part-time and trying to fit in all the other stupid theocratic things we were supposed to do, so to save time I didn't really read the guidebook for the point I was working on. It was 'Pausing', not a rocket science type of point.

Well idiot features gave me the quiz before the meeting and I could only remember something like 3 out of the 4 types of pauses. He was angry and counselled me about reading the book first. Of course even though I paused in all the right places and gave what many told me was an excellent talk, all he did when he gave the counsel after my talk was rip it to shreds and tell me I didn't pause properly and how important it was to study the guidebook. Public humiliation at it's best. Again it took all my self control not to throw my bible at him and walk out.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit