Who was the God of Abraham?

by cameo-d 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Inkie
    Inkie

He may yet. But with your seeming attitude, Why would he? Why should he? Do you speak to your family and friends in the same manner that you speak of Jesus here? If so, would they continue and want to make an appointment to speak with you?

“I'm getting up there in years so if he is going to come and set me straight he needs to get on with it.”

52 is not that old. Please correct me if I err, but you write with seeming sarcasm. Is that your intent? With all due respect, perhaps you should change your moniker to Unhappy Guy or Angry Man.

Okay . . . okay . . . we know that both the OT and NT have been tampered with. We got that. We know that Jehovah is very poorly depicted in the OT. We got that. Now what?

--Inkie

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't think that the OT or NT were "tampered" with persay, people wrote down what they believed to be tru and in some cases what they were told was the truth, they did their best.

It was the people that came after them that said that the scriptures and bibles and letters were infalliable.

They were inspired writings in the sense that the people that wrote them were insipired by their love for God and his Son to write about them.

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

God didn't rebell against us, He punished us for rebelling against him and has every right to, he is God and created everything its all his. We broke God's trust, he never will break ours. God is who he is and making what he is making - a lifeform with free will, knows how and how not to be holy, and choses to be holy; and something God can trust with immortallity, without death forever. God is doing what he must do to create the nature of what he wants and is creating. God has been telling us what do do scince day one to get his blessings and have love, peace, joy, truth, everlasting life; and has sent many phrophets and even his Son to teach us what to do to obey, please, and love God, humans killed most of them for speaking. God did not fail to listen to us, we failed to listen and obey him.

The God of Abraham is the only true God that made a promise to Abraham that cannot ever be broken, and comes out of love, faith, and trust. God was not popular in the world at the time of Abaham and made Himself known to Abraham and his offspring, then to the rest of the world. There were many false gods in Abraham's day and almost everyone they came across knew the God of Abraham was the Most High and a friend to Abraham because he loved and obeyed God.

One day you will see God and he will ask you why you called Him a demon; He made the demons as angles, they rebelled and grew jealous of God, making them demons; and God will destroy them at the end of this wicked system of things like He promised them. God is not a demon He is Holy to the infinity and invites us to be like Him and spend eternity with Him in love and inncorruption. You might want to stop slandering His title=God. And how can we blame God for the pain and destruction we bring upon ourselves by disobeying Him and following Satan? I thank God everyday for creating me and giving me a chance to be a part of His Kingdom He is making; we all should.

If God kills or destroyes something He created because it rebelled, rejected, did not love or obey Him - this is justice and good vengence not murder or sin. All vengence is God's and His judgment is Perfect and His forgivness and love undeserved. God loves us as sinners and loves us more when we show our love and obey God in order to please God. Don't forget the message of the Bible; Love God with everything you have, and love one another like you love yourself, this is more important to your salvation than your belifes. Only God knows all truth and he will continue to reveal His secrets when it best serves us and His will; and one day God will reveal all things to His world, and His children. Until then we aretold to love, forgive and treat another how you want God to treat you. Jesus reflected God's loving kindness better than anything ever seen; Jesus got his qualities from his Father, God. God loves us like Jesus loves us and Jesus was sent to save sinners and died for our sins, not his own. We pay for our sins with our death, Jesus bought us life after death with his death; out of love from God. We could not let our own beloved child die for a stranger's life; but God let his son die for all of us to have true life with them. It's written that a bird falling dead out of the sky bring tears to God's eyes, how much more do we and Jesus mean to God, much much more than a bird. God bless you all!

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((JeremiahJS)))))))

Bravo!

Well said!

Sylvia

PS You, too, Inkie.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    We pay for our sins with our death,

Wrong. False JW teaching.

Had these discussions of Romans 6:7 and Romans 6:23 been placed side-by-side the contradiction would have been self-evident to them. The way the Jehovah’s Witnesses use these verses they are mutually exclusive. If one is acquitted of sin he is declared not guilty and avoids punishment. As such he would not then be punished with death, the wages of sin. Furthermore, it is curious why they apply Romans 6:7 (“for he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin”) to the resurrected unrighteous when the entire paragraph and the next is directed to only the so-called 144,000 who alone are supposedly baptized into Christ’s death (Rom. 6:1-11).

That aside, the Greek word dikaioo means ‘acquittal’ (NWT) or ‘absolved’ (NAB) ‘justified’ (Green’s Literal), or primarily ‘deemed to be right’ (Vine’s, 69). But if you look closely at its use in Romans 6:7 you will notice that the Jehovah’s Witnesses have plucked it out of context and fail to understand the unambiguous meaning of Paul’s discourse. He was referring to a spiritual death to sin for the Christian believer, not the physical, mortal death of all men.

Paul is defending “the gospel against the charge that it promotes moral laxity” (NAB note 6, 1-11). He refers to having ‘died to sin,’ and that those baptized were baptized into Christ’s death and buried with him. The symbolic death leads to life with Christ. And true believers must think of themselves as being dead to sin. Nothing in those verses can be interpreted to imply a physical death, or that all evil people are acquitted of their sins at death because Paul made it very clear that “…it is reserved for men to die once for all time and after this a judgment” (Heb. 9:27 NWT). The Jehovah’s Witnesses’ misinterpretation would actually encourage moral laxity.

Furthermore, Christ died only once for sin and will never again return to die for forgiveness of sin so the resurrected sinful billions could never obtain the benefit of his sacrifice which he made under the so-called expired New Covenant (Romans 6:10). Christ died once (Heb. 9:27,28).

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-4.html#V

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

continued ....

And Hebrews 6:23 cannot mean that all men are punished with death for their sins. This too is taken out of context because Jesus said “… whoever hears my word and believes in the one who sent me has eternal life and will not come to condemnation but has passed from death to life” (John 5:24). The wages of sin, death, is not everyone’s punishment or reward.

21 What, then, was the fruit that YOU used to have at that time? Things of which YOU are now ashamed. For the end of those things is death. 22 However, now, because YOU were set free from sin but became slaves to God, YOU are having YOUR fruit in the way of holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom. 6:21-23 NWT)

The Christian path leads to eternal life even though one dies physically, with one limited exception at 1 Corinthians 15:51,52. For others there is spiritual death followed by physical death and judgment; nothing here even remotely suggests that they will not be judged on judgment day for deeds committed in this life.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-4.html#V

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

Do you not know that anyong speaking truth is a witness to God? Making them a witness to Jehovah. You are so set in your religous sect that you may never understand God's true word, which dosn't belong to any man made religion but is in the hearts of His children. The bible talks about judgment day, that when you will see God's face and Jesus at his right hand. i think it happens after Armagetton.

• frankiespeakin
  • jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    You are so set in your religous sect that you may never understand God's true word, w

It's hard to tell who you are talking to or what specific issue you address. You just submit a big heap. I sure hope you aren't calling Christendom a sect. Here's a question: Why is it the JWs can use "logic" to prove their point, but when others use it to disprove them they are blind members of a sect? Why the double standard?

http://144000.110mb.com/607/index.html#C

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

More congregations besides than the jw congregation belives these things. Why are you so worried about slandering one of God's congregations? Is this what you live for Jonathan? The bible teaches ressurection and judgment day after this. The bible doesn't teach that you inherit God kingdom when you die, God's Kingdom isn't completed and doesn't come down to earth until the end of this system of things (end of Rev); making it not possable to go there if it isn't finished yet. Plus don't you pray for 'God's will to be done and His Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven' like Jesus taught. The dead know nothing, they are resting waiting being raised. The dust goes back to the ground, the soul dies, and the spirit keeping one alive returns to God -not our spirit, we don't have one, but God's Holy spirit goes back to God, the breath of life. And may it be one day or a million years the next thing you know is that you are alive and the time of your death will feel like a split second. One would be alive, then dead, then regardless of the time it you would feel like your instantly back to life again, i would assume because the dead know nothing. Or do you belive everything your told jon. and twist the sriptures to back up your belifes while slandering others that may be true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit