Who was the God of Abraham?

by cameo-d 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Kewl, Frankie.

You know, Abram fought a war of retribution on behalf of Sodom and Gommorah, so I think it is very odd that he would turn around and conspire with "god" and the two angels that were on a jihad mission.

Abram would not even take any reward or possessions from the King of Sodom when he offered.

So why was Abram such a turncoat when it came to conspiring against a land he had fought for earlier?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Based on the "Christian" behavior I've seen from one of resident website spammers in this thread, I agree with Gandhi: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Based on the "Christian" behavior I've seen from one of resident website spammers in this thread, I agree with Gandhi: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Feel free to use my name.

Which Christ are you referring to? The fire and brimstone preacher who occasionally got angry and said mean but true things to the scribes and pharisees? Who called them hypocrites and snakes and cast woes on them? The Christ who assaulted his enemies with a whip of braided rope? The one we should immitate? Ghandi didn't read the NT close enough as with many others who think of Jesus as nothing but a meek-mannered whimp. He wasn't. He wasn't one-dimenional. The Bible doesn't say never to get angry. Anger and wrath has its place. Read the books carefully. There's always exceptions to the general rule.

Stop for one minute you atheists and God-haters and think about what you're saying about the Almighty, .... I don't dare repeat such vile, hateful repulsive things. And you think I'm just going to sit here and let you get away with it unchallenged? Think again.

• jonathan dough
  • Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Well I suppose this thread has turned into a free for all. You newbies seem to have no conception of staying on toipic.

Do you know what "hijacking" a thread is? Damn silly to watch you people argue over some primitive volcano god.

:) Ah, but I suspect that was your purpose in starting such a thread all along. At least we can all be thankful we have Cameo to chastise the newbies and demean others for their beliefs.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest cameo-d... may you have peace!

Here is the lineage:

ABRAHAM begat ISHMAEL (by his servant, Hagar) and ISAAC (by his wife, Sarah)

ISMAEL begat (the "nation" known as "Islam")

ISAAC begat ESAUand JACOB(aka "ISRAEL")

ESAU begat (the "nation" of Edom)

ISRAEL begat JUDAH, BENJAMIN, Simeon, Reuben, Asher, Gad, Dan, Naphtali, Zebulun, Issachar, Levi,

and Joseph

JUDAH and BENJAMIN =JEWS

REMAINING 10 TRIBES= SAMARITANS

• AGuest
    AGuest

and...

JOSEPH begat Ephraim and Mannaseh

Just so you can get a "picture"...

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Justitia Themis: "

:) Ah, but I suspect that was your purpose in starting such a thread all along. At least we can all be thankful we have Cameo to chastise the newbies and demean others for their beliefs.

------

Don't know why you are being so sour, Justitia, but what you have stated is not my purpose.

I was hoping that there might be some folks here interested in contributing maybe tidbits of research or opinion on the subject matter.

Here are some of the questions I have asked:

You know, Abram fought a war of retribution on behalf of Sodom and Gommorah, so I think it is very odd that he would turn around and conspire with "god" and the two angels that were on a jihad mission.

Abram would not even take any reward or possessions from the King of Sodom when he offered.

So why was Abram such a turncoat when it came to conspiring against a land he had fought for earlier?

I am actually curious to dissect some of these cryptic messages that are "between the lines". I am looking for those of you who might find some interest in these things.

But some of the newbies are only interested in mud-slinging and have no conception of board ettiquette. They are so loud and defensive of their dogma that they do not even think of the subject I am attempting to discuss here, and instead use this platform as a sounding board to insult each other and derail the topic.

Newbies and any others that use the vulgar language I have seen on this thread should be chastised. Posting guidelines (#1 and # 3) have very clearly been broken in this thread. These arguments had nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter.

That is my complaint.

I do not have a pat answer for the questions I ask.

I have seen some people come to the board and present ideas in a telling manner as through they are the only truth. I don't think I do that. I ask questions because this format is an invitation for others to share thoughts and what has influenced them to come to their conclusions.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I saw this thread going badly right from the beginning. I think the Q was put out there just to start an arguement again piting bible believers against non believers, and that is why I did not give any response.

The best thing I saw so far on this thread was the Quote by Ghandi about liking Christ but not Christians because they are NOT (for the most part) Christlike. I wholeheartedly agree!

Peace to all, Lilly

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Oh yeah, and the cartoons are pretty funny too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit