Examining Scripture to see if Jesus was, and is, God.

by jonathan dough 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    A 5'6" Jew/God flying around inside himself proclaiming to humanity 'Love me or suffer for all eternity'.

Well. It's bad when you have to quote yourself and blame others for your hatred. I see the enemies of the cross are out in full force this morning. Any other off topic hatred you need to get off you chest? Do you feel a need to hijack this thread to?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    He had 'permission' -

But if he was dead for three days he could not have exercised permission. Which means he could only resurrect himself if he was God-man.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Exactly J-Dough. What good is permission if one is dead?

• designs
    designs

DD, you over shoot the runway as usual, no enemy of the cross here, just pointing out the obvious deficiencies in a Doctrine.

We as JWs learned to do the same critical thinking with our Religion which led us to reconsider things and move on.

Consider it a Public Service announcement..............

You'll get there, its a journey.

Do a little good each day.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'll jump in late in the game.

I was examining Grimm's Fairy Tales to see if Mother Goose was, and is, a real person.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

YOU: God is not a name and you should know that. Along with this your other assumptions are unfounded as well. But it is typical of trinitarian argumentation and your doctrine is full of such assumptions. They remind me of the methods the WT used in their literature. So I do what I can to help others that are searching for such answers with my narrow minded view as you put it which is why I put together: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/beytrin.htm It helped me resolve such arguments, helped to free me from the distorted thinking of such people and set me free. I suggest that others do much the same for themselves and not follow the teachings of others.

-------------------------------------

ME: First, God is a name. Read Isaiah 9:6 :For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be on his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

Secondly, we've had this discussion about the information on your web site which I have looked at in part and as I pointed out then, I have never read a more convoluted, illogical and unscriptural piece of work in my life. I couldn't get past the first paragraph before my jaw dropped and I don't know who you think you are, but I warn everyone again to be careful believing what this fellow is passing on. It has a cultish ring to it and is full of dangerous distortions. As an example, you claim that Trinitarians believe that there are three Gods. That is a lie.

The Jehovah's Witnesses continue to imply that Trinitarian Christians worship three Gods, not one; that they are tritheistic, not monotheistic. The Jehovah's Witnesses draw parallels between the Trinity doctrine and triadic pagan worship which they claim is the ultimate source of the Christian Trinity, influenced by Babylonian gods who were worshipped in threes, the Egyptian three-fold gods of Osiris, Isis and Horus, Italian triune godheads, the Trinitarian Hindu group of Brahama, Sira and Visnu, and on and on (Should You Believe, Chapter 5).

But this is false and unfair. The Christian faith is completely monotheistic, and worship is directed to the only one true God Almighty who happens to have a threefold nature: “We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the “consubstantial Trinity,” (Catholic Catechism, 75). “[T]he Godhead of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.” Athanasian Creed; DS 75; ND16)” (ibid., 79).

Tritheism, the worship of three Gods at the expense of the unity of God is yet another pitfall which the Trinity doctrine specifically seeks to avoid (Oxford, 1211). And simply because the Jehovah's Witnesses are unable to grasp the meaning of “hypostases” or “Persons” does not entitle them to ascribe to Christians beliefs they do not hold.

Third, these aren't "my own teachings," but have sound theological basis for them. Much comes right out of the Bible, dictionary and encyclopedia and are fundamental doctrine. You know, Christianity. Don't let this guy fool you. By all means, read his work if you want to, but think hard about what he is saying. Here is the link to his Web site: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/bey

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

J-Dough check your PM

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    J-Dough check your PM

Nothing there.

• designs
    designs

Jonathan calling and warning people of cultism when he is part of a large Cult. Someone has problems examining his own beliefs.

Let's see we have Jonathan, DD, and Stephen here who have never been JWs trying to do what- Convert people to their Cult!

You can drive the Logic Train thru the holes in the Trinity but some superstitiously cling to the Cult mind set.

Do a little good each day.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

now...sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit