Examining Scripture to see if Jesus was, and is, God.

by jonathan dough 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jere,

But the truth will set you free and enhance your relationship with God and Christ.

So no spankings just enhancement. What if while bowing down in my private room I worship God and Christ and say a little prayer to Apollo too, is that OK with god or unexceptable? I really don't think he much care myself and I think he really don't mind if I give Apollo a little attention after all he's not that petty.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

As a JW i was never able to get my head around Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

----------------------------

yes. This is devastating to the JWs' theories.

By their own admission it goes directly to the issue of Christ's eternal nature.

In addition to Jesus Christ’s omnipotence, he is and always has been eternal, a Scriptural truth strongly denied by the Jehovah's Witnesses who teach, incorrectly, that Jesus is a created being granted immortality only after his resurrection. But even Isaiah 9:6 in the Jehovah's Witnesses’ New World Translation disproves that theory where Christ is referred to as “Eternal Father.”

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be on his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

The preexistent Christ’s eternal nature is not the result of a forward-looking grant of immortality as the Jehovah's Witnesses teach, but is a condition that has always been because “He is before all things” (Colossians 1:17), and he created all things (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16). There are only two options: He was created or He is eternal, but since He was before all things and created all things, He must be eternal.

Continued Here: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-6.html#27

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You should worship the Creator not a creation.

Indeed,

Philippians 2:5-11 (Young's Literal Translation)

5 For, let this mind be in you that [is] also in Christ Jesus,

6 who, being in the form of God, thought [it] not robbery to be equal to God,

7 but did empty himself, the form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made,

8 and in fashion having been found as a man, he humbled himself, having become obedient unto death -- death even of a cross,

9 wherefore, also, God did highly exalt him, and gave to him a name that [is] above every name,

10 that in the name of Jesus every knee may bow -- of heavenlies, and earthlies, and what are under the earth --

11 and every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And:

John 1:14

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Colossians 2:9

9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

John 17 is a prayer from Jesus to the Father and you should be able to tell that Jesus is glorifying his Father and Not praying to himself but to the Father; about there unity and relationship as two not one. Why would God pray to himself? Jesus told us (and did himself) to pray for our Father's name to be sanctified and for our Father's will to be done on earth as in heaven...;not for his own will but the Father's will.

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

Isaiah is saying what Jesus will be called and you are calling him the father but that does'nt make it true. There are many names that Jesus is called not all are true. Isaiah prophesised about what he would be called and the prophcey is true but the names may or may not be.

• Slappy
  • jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Father Greater than Son - John14:28, Son going back to his Father; they are in total unity but not equal.

You don't understand Christianity's hypostatic union, and that the creature is not considered the Almighty. Jesus was God-man, so the creature was subordinate and could claim God was greater, but not God the Son, the God of the God-man hypostatic union, as explained here: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#1

Plus God is immortal and has to be alive to hear our and Jesus's prayers; Jesus died for three days.

Again, the hypostatic union. God did not die, the God of the God-man did not die, .... basic dictionary stuff.

Plus if the Son was the Father the Son; the Son would know the day and hour of his own return. But only the Father knows the day and hour. - Mat.24:36, Mark13:32, Acts1:7

You lack a basic understanding of the topic because the JWs have mislead you into believing that Christianity teaches something that it does not.

[One] could say that Christ knew the Last Day in His vision knowledge, not in His infused knowledge” (Catholic Encyclopedia, 939) (emphasis added).

The Jehovah's Witnesses contend further that even if, “as some suggest, the Son was limited by his human nature from knowing, the question remains, Why did the Holy Spirit not know?” (Reasoning, 409). The answer is that the Holy Spirit did know because He is one of the Hypostases or Persons of the Holy Trinity. Remember, usually “Father is not a title for the first person of the Trinity but a synonym for God” (Encyclopedia of Religion, 54). God is by nature triune and one of those Persons is the Holy Spirit. Therefore, when Jesus stated that only the Father knows exactly when the Last Day shall be, his reference to the Father, the triune God, by definition included the Person of the Holy Spirit.More on this topic can be found here: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-3.html#14

You can twist the scriptures all day to fit your lies.

You're the one twisting scripture and deceiving the public as to what Christianity teaches.

If you worship the Son(Jesus) as the Father(Yahweh/Jehovah) then you break the first and biggest commandment Jesus taught us -- Mark12:29, Mat.4:10 ( and if your bible says LORD it means the Father's name = Jehovah in English, Yahweh in Hebrew. LORD = God, Father. Lord/lord means king, shepard, Son of God, Jesus. Worshiping anything other that the Father as the Father is not good for your spiritual development and NOT taught by Christ.

Wrong again. The "Father" generally refers to God in the NT, the triune God, which includes God the Son, so worshipping Jesus as God the Son violates no commandments. No one in the NT worshipped the creature Jesus who/is was not the Almighty.

I hope this helps you understand the differance between the Son and the Father.

I mean this with no malice aforethought, but you have been brainwashed to believe many lies. I'll say it again: hypostatic union.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#5

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    You should worship the Creator not a creation.

Christianity does not teach that the creature Jesus, who is not the Almighty triune God, should be worshipped. This is very basic stuff.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#3

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Why would God pray to himself? Jesus told us (and did himself) to pray for our Father's name to be sanctified and for our Father's will to be done on earth as in heaven...;not for his own will but the Father's will.

It amazes me that you call yourself a minister of God, a Bible expert and an expert on what Christendom teaches and still believe that Christianity teaches that Jesus was praying to himself. He wasn't. It was the creature, Jesus, who was not the Almighty, who was praying to his superior. Why do you put words in our mouths and perpetuate the deception.

First, by virtue of the hypostatic union, Jesus is a divine person with a human nature, God and man, and the man, Jesus, did have his own free will:

Just as there are two complete and perfect natures in Christ, one divine, the other human, there are two wills in Christ, one divine, the other human. (Catholic Encyclopedia, 947)

Trinitarianism teaches that Jesus was not only true God, but true man. “[I]n his body Christ thus expresses humanly the divine ways of the Trinity.”

The Son of God … worked with human hands; he thought with a human mind. He acted with a human will and with a human heart he loved. Born of the Virgin Mary, he was truly been made one of us, like to us in all things except sin. (Catechism of the Catholic Church [New York, Image-Doubleday, 1994], 132) (Catholic Catechism)

Though not infinite, and therefore not omnipotent, because His humanity is finite, [His theandric power] extends to effects that are beyond purely human or created causality. (Catholic Encyclopedia, 943)

It is important that you understand this.

Secondly, and more important, the doctrine of the Trinity teaches that “The humanity of Christ is a creature, it is not God” (ibid., 922).

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit