My mom died

by twinkle toes 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Flowers & VaseMy heart and thoughts are with you too, I am so sorry for your loss.

Amy.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the death of a mother is the first
    sorrow mourned without her~anon

mourn, as you must

but try to find a way
    to move forward into
    your authentic life without
    deep bitterness at what
    was lost, because that is
    one sure way to miss out
    on what is right in front of you

godspeed you and all who mourn,
    to a place when comfort is manifest....

c/p

• Mary
    Mary

Twinkletoes, having gone through a very similar situation recently, I can totally sympathize with you. When you lose a family member whom you love, it's difficult enough. When you lose them in part because of the WT's ban on blood transfusions, it makes a horrific situation 10 times worse. Not only are you grieving, you're angry. And then you have to sit there through the infommercial that passes for a funeral talk at the KH----it makes it even worse.

I've started seeing a Counsellor to help me deal with my grief and anger. Coincidentally, she revealed to me that she used to be a Witness herself. (She got the Axe for leaving her abusive husband and committing "adultery" instead of staying with a man who beat the crap out of her). If you're having a difficult time dealing with your feelings, I would like to suggest that you seek counselling. It might really help you through this.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I hope that you can dwell on some happy memories of you and your mom in time.

My mom died a little over a year ago. I know that it is hard.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am trully sorry for your loss.

It pains me that so little love was shown to you on a time where love is the thing needed the most.

May our lord give you the strength to deal with your loss, may his love and grace comfort you and keep you always.

Our loved ones are with us always, their spirit is in us and we feel their love always, never forget that or doubt that.

You loved your mother truly and deeply and in that love, God and our lord live forever, as will your mother.

Never forget or doubt how much you are loved.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am so sorry for you.

Unfortunately JWs are social cripples since they have to be so careful not to infringe the rules they cannot take time to feel empathy for people such as you. Many people who post here were probably just the same once, before they realised this was wrong.

On the other hand you are free to empathize and be a truly warm forgiving human being. These people were not bad but damaged. You are free to pursue consolation and solace where ever you chose and never make people feel bad they way they made you feel.

You appreciate what you have lost and feel real grief, Witnesses don't even realise their humanity is donated to an organisation.

Make your mum proud in the right way.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Twinkletoes accept my love & sympathy,I know my thoughts are not everyone elses
    but I believe MY GOD!!! Jesus Christ !!has taken her soul home to be with HIM
    were she will know what true love is.
    She faithfully followed an org: whom she believed was a prophet..but was a false one
    as did I!!!! but God is not blind ( as we were)he examines the heart, so if you could
    follow that org: JUST to please your MUM,Because you KNEW she was good.
    God knows her more than YOU did ....She is with HIM in MY opinion.
    But now my prayer is for you So
    "Dear Heavenly Father you see our dear sisters tears, YOU know her loss is great
    I ask you to lift her spirits by knowing there are so many of us who did NOT listen
    to you ,when you told us not to follow any man! I know you emptied yourself &
    came as man to suffer as we do,But you returned to your "DAD" to make a home
    for Twinkletoes MUM. Thank you for the fact that Twinkletoes can consider us family
    & share her heart with us.In the NAME above ALL others Jesus Christ AMEN"

Sorry to those who dont agree with me. But if Twinkletoes was in my liiving room,that is exactly what I would say & do

• dgp
    dgp

I'm sorry too, twinkle toes. I am also sorry about the fact that you have been denied even the right to mourn openly.

I am sorry that I can't be there with you to comfort you. I can offer you but my hand, metaphorically, and my sincere desire that you will some day be free to experience the love you needed to feel when your mother died and now that your mourn her.

I am a wordly man. I am your brother, too. You can come to me if you need it.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Twinkle toes, I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's bad enough to lose a parent without being shunned at their funeral. The way they treated you is deplorable and most certainly not Christian. You should have been comforted and not shunned . My heart goes out to you & you're in my prayers.

• yknot
    yknot

I am so sorry.......

Hugs, Tears, and Warm longings for you to find your way through this difficult loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit