My mom died

by twinkle toes 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• littlebird
    littlebird

I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear mother & the cold treatment you received at the memorial.

It's deplorable, but I hope you find comfort here.

• Balsam
    Balsam

So sorry honey for the loss of your beloved mother. I lost my Mom before I left the JW's and I had this most amazing dream of her within a month or so after she died. She was lying on her bed all dressed up in a really brightly colored suit she had when I walked into her room to clean it up after her death. Well I walked over to her and looked down on her and said Mom what are you doing here? She opened her eyes sat up and stood up in front of me with her hands on her hips laughing at me and said, " I'm not dead, I'm very much alive and feeling great". Then she grabbed me and hugged me laughing and I laughed with her. I awoke feeling in awe of the dream. I remembered telling some of the friends at the hall of the dream and they just laughed and patted me on the shoulder.

I always felt that dream was a gift and me made me wonder if perhaps the JW's were wrong about being asleep in the grave. I left the JW's 4 years later. Hope you will find the support and help you need here with us. Now your ties are cut it would be a great time to leave and begin your new life.

Ruth Baker

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm so sorry, Twinkle Toes, for you, your experience and that of the other posters. I feel bad, realizing that, though these facts certainly must be correct, ironically, this has never been my personal experience at any memorial.

Why are some congregations loving and others not?

No answer ...

Love,

CoCo

• arwen
    arwen

So very sorry for your loss.. I can tell by your post that you loved your mom very much.. I lost my mom when she was 72 and i still miss her to this day 15 years later..She was not a witness thank God. I hope you find some comfort in knowing she is in Heaven with her loving Father and at peace. Sending love and warm thoughts your way tonight..x0

• Scully
    Scully

So sorry for your loss.

It sounds like you have mixed feelings about having been unburdened of the JW-related yoke now that she has passed away. I hope that you will someday be able to separate your grief from her final gift of freeing you of any JW burden.

• flipper
    flipper

TWINKLE TOES- I'm so sorry for the death of your mother. My wife and I send our deepest condolences to you friend. I'm sorry you were treated horribly by witnesses at the memorial and after. It's disgusting how conditional their concern is for people only inside their cult. So maybe now you will be able to take in a deep breath, let it all out - and be able to relax a bit about your fade as you mentioned. Our hearts are with you friend, Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Thank you everyone, you are all so kind.

I really do appreciate the lovely words and prayers(mouthy )

I really did think I was going to get love bombed at the funeral, maybe I am dissapointed in a way. It seems a vulnerable time and that they would want to use it to try to lure you back. I did get told that I knew what I had to do if I wanted to see her again.

Someone else said on another thread that when they went to a meeting they felt superior in a way. I relate to that. It's like they are still living brainless lives and I have figured it out. I feel sorry for all my old friends. They seem so lost. Although, I know they think that I am the pathetic one.
    I am not really mad at my mom. I am just annoyed that she didn't see the light so to speak. She was very intelligent women but chose to hide it. She often had to control here tongue when elders would get things wrong at meetings. She had been counseled not to correct brothers with her comments. Faith will do strange things to a person. I am confident that she is now where ever death takes us and is kicking herself for having led our family down this foolish road.

As I married to a regular (worldy) guy. I have lots of support in him and his family. I also had lots of worldy friends and co-workers attend the funeral and they were around me . Perhaps now that I think of it, maybe that was intimidating for the jw's. Who knows.
    I do really appreciate everyone on this forum you guys give me such a feeling of peace. Knowing there is people who understand your weird position in this world. I know I don't comment a lot, but I am here almost every day.

• minimus
    minimus

My condolences, Twinkle Toes! It's sad when you know you can't get comfort from the "false comforters".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit